cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open ticket - 3.5hours cgi server mail delivery failure

N/A

open ticket - 3.5hours cgi server mail delivery failure

I've had an open ticket on this one for 3+hours

Yesterday I setup form to mail php scripts and exhaustively tested them. All OK. Today I tried them and no mail is being delivered to any of the delivery email addresses within plusnet and outside. I tested a normal email to the same addresses and it is OK.

It therefore seems to be something in the mail transfer or a routing failure from the cgi server to the mail server?
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: open ticket - 3.5hours cgi server mail delivery failure

> I've had an open ticket on this one for 3+hours
>
> Yesterday I setup form to mail php scripts and exhaustively tested them. All OK. Today I tried them and no mail is being delivered to any of the delivery email addresses within plusnet and outside. I tested a normal email to the same addresses and it is OK.
>
> It therefore seems to be something in the mail transfer or a routing failure from the cgi server to the mail server?

Hi,

As far as I know nothing has changed which would suddenly cause this to happen however your ticket will be looked into in more depth shortly.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------

N/A

RE: open ticket - 24hrs on- cgi server mail delivery failure

How deep have you got 24hrs on? I am up to my neck in it and have reverted to using ihtml on another ISP to return forms. This works perfectly.(note to management!!) Something happened to php on the cgi server. On 9/7 my script was 100% and returning all mails. On 10/7 the script executes, thanks you for the submission and returns 0% mail!!

> > I've had an open ticket on this one for 3+hours
> >
> > Yesterday I setup form to mail php scripts and exhaustively tested them. All OK. Today I tried them and no mail is being delivered to any of the delivery email addresses within plusnet and outside. I tested a normal email to the same addresses and it is OK.
> >
> > It therefore seems to be something in the mail transfer or a routing failure from the cgi server to the mail server?
>
>
> Hi,
>
> As far as I know nothing has changed which would suddenly cause this to happen however your ticket will be looked into in more depth shortly.
>
> Regards,
> Robert
>
> | Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
>
>
>
>

N/A

RE: open ticket - 24hrs on- cgi server mail delivery failure

Well, Allelujah, you finally admitted there was a problem with sendmail on the cgi server. Told you so, but you would'nt beleieve me!!