cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online usage and new dial up number

N/A

online usage and new dial up number

ok i have a couple of concerns.

1) every isp i have been with has in the last year changed dial up numbers, which in turn has turned a decent connection into a total waste of time. Now...plus net are doing the same...is this a sign of future connection woes?

2) since changing the dial up number to 0808 9933270 my usage times have not shown up and i am pretty sure i have used hell of a lot more than zero hours, which DOES concern me after Tiscalis little dial up number cock-up that left a lot of their members with hefty phone bills.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: online usage and new dial up number

Hi there,

To address your first point, in our case the change of numbers is aimed at improving quality of service for all our customers. I do understand your concern - around 18 months ago my ISP of the time moved me to a different number and the drop in service was dramatic! In giving each account type its own connection number we will be able to better manage the number of ports we need and their availability, and genuine improvements in the quality of the service for every customer will be the result.

Secondly, we are aware of a continuing issue with the presentation of usage data via the portal View My Usage tool and I would like to apologise for the delay in resolving this. I can assure you that, provided you are dialling the 0808 number, you won't get high phone bills as a result of this, but you will still need to keep an eye on how much time you are using online. Our system sends out warnings if you exceed your fair usage and if you do receive one of these while the usage monitor is not working correctly then I recommend that you be especially careful with your usage. We do understand how inconvenient this problem is for our customers and are working to resolve this continuing issue.

Best wishes,

Matt.

--
| Matt Saunders...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet --------+
N/A

Hi,

> 2) since changing the dial up number to 0808 9933270 my usage times have not shown up and i am pretty sure i have used hell of a lot more than zero hours, which DOES concern me after Tiscalis little dial up number cock-up that left a lot of their members with hefty phone bills.

Mark have you heard of No Frills Timer (nft.exe)? It's a very handy little, free, pop-up session timer - I'm sure it's been mentioned a few times before. Most useful and thoroughly recommended...

Tim

weeeck
Grafter

FYI found this under "Service Status" "Services"

Posted 30/12/02 at 17:55hrs

Problems with the View My Usage Tool
Dear Customer,

We are aware that the View my Usage tool on the Portal is not displaying usage correctly for all our customers. This is a problem with how the data is displayed, and not how it is collected. Usage is still being monitored and if you were to exceed your maximum number of fair-use hours at this time you would still receive a warning email.

Our developers have identified the cause of this problem and a solution is currently being tested. We expect to implement this solution tomorrow morning and after that, the previous usage data should become available over the course of the following 24 hours.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Kind Regards,

Technical Support.