cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ok how come aol are giving all customers free upgrades ,

N/A

ok heard from a friend last night , that in june aol are giving all there customers completly free upgrades from 512 to 1 meg, and 1 meg to 2 meg,

and yet we get today these limits are about to be introduced, so how come?

now i know its not going to effect a large number of customers, but even so its restrictions, that tbh when i signed up, i paid the extra £3 for the privalage of being able to use p2p networks.

so tbh the aol subscription is looking more and more atractive by the minute.

i just find it strange that after nealry 2 years for me now, i see all other isp's having lower prices than +net, and free upgrades, and all we have had, is first a pound off about a year ago, and now this limits being inroduced....

all i can say is for the first time, i am very very dissapointed with +net, and have stopped recomending you to my friends already, and its looking more and more lickly ill be moving on.

iam sick of all my m8s saying, oooo weve had this reduction or we have had this free upgrade,, all i can say is ... oh were now being restricted, oh and b4 u say its not going to effect many folk, if it wasnt going to effect things why do it in the first place.

1 very unhappy loyal +net customer.
17 REPLIES
N/A

i hear a nail being hit on the head, spot on there.
N/A

oh i forgot to add the price of 512 unlimited bb at aol is £19.99.

something aint right, is it, why can most isps now offer these free upgrades, and cheaper prices and yet +net just want to start restrictions. :roll: :shock:
Community Veteran

So you haven't read the announcement about PlusNet giving us all free upgrades in April to the fastest our line will take (upto 2Mbs) and soon after to speeds upto 8Mbs (line & exchange permitting), also for free and that we will continue to pay what we do now as well?

Are AOL doing that?
N/A

So you haven't read the announcement about PlusNet giving us all free upgrades in April to the fastest our line will take (upto 2Mbs) and soon after to speeds upto 8Mbs (line & exchange permitting), also for free and that we will continue to pay what we do now as well?

Are AOL doing that?

so then in basic terms , ermm what free upgrade iam i getitng on the 21.99 p2p network i signed up for nealry 2 years agoHuh?
N/A

yep hole in 1 m8 , ive already requested MAC code and i'm on my way because of all this bull**** , they gonna lose a lot of customers over this , but like all big greedy companies they push all the way until they go bust .
N/A

just 1 more thing, u say the free upgrades +net are offering, but we would have to pay for teh extra speed lines your putting in though wouldnt we, so were is that free upgrade.?Huh
Community Veteran

so then in basic terms , ermm what free upgrade iam i getitng on the 21.99 p2p network i signed up for nealry 2 years agoHuh?

I'm assuming you are on a 512K connection. If you line supports it you can get 2Mbs in April and again if your line & exchange supports it 4Mb & 8Mb some time after - all for £21.99/month and no additional fees.
N/A

I'm assuming you are on a 512K connection. If you line supports it you can get 2Mbs in April and again if your line & exchange supports it 4Mb & 8Mb some time after - all for £21.99/month and no additional fees.

so to be perfectly clear then, iam on the £21.99 a month unlimted account, and your saying if my line can take a 2meg line, i will get a free upgrade to 2meg for the same price iam paying nowHuhHuh
Community Veteran

Yes, that is what I have said twice now.
N/A

well mister vaughn wheres me email telling me i can upgrade free or where is that info on the site and is it easily available or do u have totrwal thro all manner to get it
N/A

Yes, that is what I have said twice now.

ok m8 fair enough if u say were gettinga free upgrade, we aint seen any anouncement or emails about it have we.

wouldnt it be advisablke for you to start telling folk after all this has caused?

and even so u say free upgrade to 2 meg i will recieve in april........

... will i have to apply, or will it be done automatically?

and even so m8 it will be just as subseptable to the restrictions that are coming in anyway, so how much benifit would i recieve for the free upgrade, if it just means i get restricted through the fair usage programm??

why iam her e m8, another question... i am a biggg online games player on my account often playing fopr hrs at a time, exactly what will these restrictions make for me...... if thats affected then theres no other way round it i will not be staying.
Community Veteran

andycat,

Peter doesn't work for PlusNet and he is only trying to help other users like you get the information they need, so I'd reconsider the tone of your posts next time you plan on making one.

Chris
N/A

i diddnt like the tone of his post and i have not been abusive at all
N/A

andycat,

Peter doesn't work for PlusNet and he is only trying to help other users like you get the information they need, so I'd reconsider the tone of your posts next time you plan on making one.

Chris

aghhhh
i am sorry to i thought as well seeing the +net icons , he did work for +net, as i expect so did andycat, above, very confusing that, i dont think he was abusive either tbh.

but anyway, can we have a proper staff reply then to the questions in this post if possible.