cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

off peak limit

willhome
Grafter

off peak limit

what is the off peak limit on the old accounts?

i know when i get changed it will be 10gb on peak and unlimited offpeak.

i need to know as i been using my acccount as if its new (keeping my onpeak below 10gb) and downloading alot offpeak. but my bit torrent have suddenly slowed.

What is the limit
and what is the point bittorrents slow down offpeak?
13 REPLIES
aeroalfie
Grafter

off peak limit

It may help if you say which account type you are on Cheesy
N/A

off peak limit

On the old premier account, the limit was 100 total in the month.

I've never generally notiuced torrents slowing down off-peak. I've certainly been able to max out my connection when i've been using it, however these days stick to older more rare things which means i get about 3 other people who have it and are seeding about 10 other things at the same time Tongue

But uknova etc things (for me) will shoot through.
willhome
Grafter

off peak limit

yeh old premier account 21.99.

well it must be throttling past two nites i was had about 8 torrents on totalling 150-200kbps last nite cant of being doing much as i only downloaded 30mb a hour which means i was doing like 10kbps-30kbps which is awful. i understand torrents can be slow but not when day before all 8 where fast and today they all slow :|

i just hit about 47gb total this month (offpeak and onpeak)
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

off peak limit

yeh old premier account 21.99.

well it must be throttling past two nites i was had about 8 torrents on totalling 150-200kbps last nite cant of being doing much as i only downloaded 30mb a hour which means i was doing like 10kbps-30kbps which is awful. i understand torrents can be slow but not when day before all 8 where fast and today they all slow :|

i just hit about 47gb total this month (offpeak and onpeak)

same here mate i cant get torrents to run fast! :x
N/A

off peak limit

You using encryption?

If not, do so
http://www.utorrent.com/
N/A

off peak limit

My torrents nearly always max my connection out (Premier Option 1)

I would love to see what they do with the 8mbit connection when I get regraded!

utorrent is the best, ensure you have a green light at the bottom, ensure encryption is on, and also google "speed up utorrent" - there is a tutorial on how to increase the number of tcp/ip connections Windows allows - adds a major kick to the torrents
willhome
Grafter

off peak limit

doesnt explain while one day i have 8 torrents running fast and next night same torrents and they ALL running slow
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

off peak limit

You using encryption?

If not, do so
http://www.utorrent.com/

how do you know if it is encrypted or not i have had a look around that site cant find anything? :?
aeroalfie
Grafter

off peak limit

craigbarratt:
If you talking about how do you know if encryption is turned on in utorrent go to options > preferences > network - at the bottom is ‘protocol encryption’ forced = all encrypted. enabled = encrypted & unencrypted together . Disabled = no encryption.

willhome:
possibly some of the seeders reached their ratio and stopped seeding, or they were downloading as well as seeding. leechers, theres a whole bunch of possibilities .
N/A

off peak limit

As aeroalfie said.

You should choose the 'enabled' option.
JonathanW
Grafter

Re: off peak limit

Assuming you're talking about the Premier account here, from what you've said in your post.

There were two different policies in place, the first is the Sustainable Usage Policy, which gave you a usage threshold of 30GB during the 4pm - Midnight slot and an overall threshold of 100GB.

The second was a policy that only applied to p2p/nntp/ftp during the hours of 8am - midnight, where by after you used 20GB of these traffic types it starts to slow down for the rest of the month.

Both of these have been rolled into one and made simpler as part of the product refresh.
Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

Both of these have been rolled into one and made simpler.....

....and smaller, of course ;-)
willhome
Grafter

The second was a policy that only applied to p2p/nntp/ftp during the hours of 8am - midnight, where by after you used 20GB of these traffic types it starts to slow down for the rest of the month.

Both of these have been rolled into one and made simpler as part of the product refresh.

that probably explains it i have had my bit torrent running till 4pm and problably made up over 20gb in the 8am-4pm time.

shame i been using my connection as if its been changed as it was meant to 23days ago.... and i get limited for it