cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notspam@despamchecker.plus.com

jagger
Grafter

So guys, do we forward all our [-SPAM-] (and I do mean all) here and break the system or do we just wait for the problem to checked professionally.

Shockedops: Shockedops: All us email belonga [-SPAM-] Shockedops: Shockedops:
32 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

I got fed up (OK, I was trying to do it the night of the email problems) and just didn't bother forwarding it. Shockedops:
jagger
Grafter

Well at least the notification of reply email managed to arrive without the SPAM tag.

Shame it took 17.578 seconds for the reply box to come up.( the nice reliably slow portal, don't have to report that)

Cheesy
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi guys,

I've arranged for some changes to be made tomorrow that should prevent anything originating from us from being marked as spam.

Forwarding your false positives will help as we're still training using those.

More details in the Service Status due tomorrow.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Bob,

Can you confirm the exact format that emails should be forwarded in, given that most email clients only have the choice of forward as attachment or a simple forward that does not include the headers.

If it is neither of these you need to create exact instructions for the common e-mail clients.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

The very efficient spam filter has just classed an urgent email from my solicitor as SPAM Sad
N/A

Hi guys,

I've arranged for some changes to be made tomorrow that should prevent anything originating from us from being marked as spam.

Forwarding your false positives will help as we're still training using those.

More details in the Service Status due tomorrow.

I'm getting RSI forwarding false positives to PlusNet. I think 99% of my legit mail today had a [SPAM] tag in the subject line. Hope it gets sorted soon. :x
Grimbo
Grafter

Same here... 90% of my email is marked as [SPAM]. Ironically, amongst those not marked as [SPAM] is my spam!

Classic Plusnet stuff!
N/A

Hi guys,
Rgds,

I can cope with PN mail being classed as spam. I can cope with Amazon, Firebox and the like being classed as spam. But emails from my kid's school, and an offer of a work contract - now that's a bit more serious! Evil

I am now examining *every* mail, whether it's marked as spam or not. I may as well turn off spam filtering - though I understand that would make little difference... :shock:
stuartp
Grafter

Surely the spam rules can be reverted to last week's setting? Come on Plus Net - you are letting us down AGAIN.

All the promised "re-training" this week is making no difference - I had another 50 emails tagged as spam this morning. How can you expect us to forward that many per day?

Loosing confidence rapidly :twisted:

Stuart
Tigger
Grafter

Glad it's not just me!

Nearly every e-mail here also tagged as Spam. No difference at all noticed since "re-training". Driving me mad! :x
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I've given up and turned spam checking off. I find the junk mail detection in Outlook 2003 works better anyway.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
stuartp
Grafter

This is the ultimate - PN's own informational email regarding the problems has just been delivered - and guess what - its in my spam folder!

[-SPAM-] Antispam Platform: False Positives - UPDATE :lol:
<snip>Continual training of the filtering software is proving successful such that the number of reports is reducing. However, we will be retraining the filter a number of times over the coming days using only the false positives that have been forwarded to notspam@despamchecker.plus.com<snip>

PN's definition of "successful" is obviously highly subjective - I have just downloaded 22 messages all from the same mailing-list source and 21 are still tagged as spam.

Am I realy required to forward all 21 of these emails?

Stuart
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Stuart,

No you don't need to as stuff originating from us will be whitelisted by the end of today. I will confirm this in the service status posting later.

We do not currently keep backups of the spam database so cannot revert back to a previous setting.

We could reset the filter entirely and start from scratch however it's taken a while to get to this point (before the false positives) so training using false positives for a while is the preferred method.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Was there no thought to the filters. BBC, District Councils, County Councils, Computing magazine emails and many more all marked SPAM. In fact 43 emails all legit and only Burton, ebay and PlusNet we not marked.
No use at all