cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nothing but constant troubles.

N/A

nothing but constant troubles.

during the course of the day, the connection slows down to nothing, causing webpages to not load. this happens intermittently, with no pattern. i was advised by tech support to traceroute to sites that dont load but i explained a gazillion times that pings are not affected, only web services. its beyond crap, delving into hellish. why should we have to put up with this? ill tell you: because theres no cable here... id choose that every time. the dsl companies have overstretched themselves, and we have dreadful contention ratios.

so, does anyone have a solution/explanation? it would be gratefully appreciated...
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: nothing but constant troubles.

> during the course of the day, the connection slows down to nothing, causing webpages to not load. this happens intermittently, with no pattern. i was advised by tech support to traceroute to sites that dont load but i explained a gazillion times that pings are not affected, only web services. its beyond crap, delving into hellish. why should we have to put up with this? ill tell you: because theres no cable here... id choose that every time. the dsl companies have overstretched themselves, and we have dreadful contention ratios.
>
> so, does anyone have a solution/explanation? it would be gratefully appreciated...

There appears to be a full explanation on the customer support page. Posted this afternoon.
N/A

> during the course of the day, the connection slows down to nothing, causing webpages to not load. this happens intermittently, with no pattern. i was advised by tech support to traceroute to sites that dont load but i explained a gazillion times that pings are not affected, only web services. its beyond crap, delving into hellish. why should we have to put up with this? ill tell you: because theres no cable here... id choose that every time. the dsl companies have overstretched themselves, and we have dreadful contention ratios.
>
> so, does anyone have a solution/explanation? it would be gratefully appreciated...

There appears to be a full explanation on the Server status page. Posted this afternoon.
Thats what I meant.
N/A

so what about my connection in the mean time? we are supposed to sit and twiddle our fingers? and pay for the privilige? how about just switching me over to the plus.net domain from my current plusdsl.net...
N/A

>

Dear Customer,

This is unlikely to be caused by the known problem documented in our Service Status page as in those cases you would find you had no traffic at all (no ping/traceroute) but this would be restored within a very short time (< 1 minute).

Have you tried adjusting your MTU settings? More information on this can be found here:

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2

Please try this and let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support..................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +