cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non llu, slow speed via pn hgh speed via bt tester

Community Veteran

I have had poor speed since this afternoon between 100 to 300 kbps using pn connection. I have just logged on to the bt test domsin and had the following result.

Tonight via bt:

The speed test has completed on test server speedtester1.nat.bt.com for user 0141 and you have downloaded a 1.7Mb file at a speed of

3289 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

Tonight via PN

Via PN's own servers speeds are low on all testers.

general speeds before today:

The current problmes on the staus page disscuss gaming not general web use, could someone please confirm if the whole system is affected not just games an p2p.

cheers

A
5 REPLIES
N/A

Same here - used bbmax got 400kbit/sec down and 506 up!! I usually get 4-6Mbit. I run L8NC tests and it is showing a lot of packet loss, too. If you look at the network stats things are pretty loaded these days and I bet there's something wrong for which nobody will come in to fix or they're mucking about with new kit.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I can't see any specific problems, although we have been looking into speed issues. The platform was a little unbalanced after the BT maintenance earlier in the week so it's possible that one or two of the tunnels are still unbalanced, does disconnecting and reconnecting make any difference?
Community Veteran

I've reconnected a few times. Just had router off for 30 mins then turned it back on:

It reahced 1179 for less than 1 second then went back down to 300 approx.

BT speedtester is above 3000kbps.

A
N/A

Bang on there Mr. Tomlinson - 6.2Mbits now Smiley

If the unbalancing happened earlier in the week, why does the slowdown occur now?

I promise to do the obvious next time Smiley
Community Veteran

Things seam to mre normal now. Did you make any chages Dave?

BT tester
The speed test has completed on test server speedtester1.nat.bt.com for user 0141*** and you have downloaded a 1.7Mb file at a speed of

3508 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

Spead tester

Downlaod speeds now at 500 KB/Sc plus as opposed to just 59 earlier

A