cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no point answering - heard that tiscali is in trouble

N/A

can anyone confirm the whether it's just me - has plus.net throttled torrent and p2p so much that it's unusable.

I am a Linux/fedora user, and their recent FC6 package has been deployed via torrent. This was a hard task to achieve a download.

I also use P2P to pass files between friends - but recently the traffic has been dreadful and had to give up.

Over the last few months I have raised a number of calls, all of which have been ignored by CSC and James even has responded to me.

Looks like to me that I have been blacklisted ? does such a thing exist at plus.net - my general usage is below the suggested limits !!

I work for a worldwide IT company and have even asked colleagues to explain my lack of response - at all they can say is - your been restricted.

What should I do - the shaping or apparent banning of services has never been confirmed ?

can anyone tell me whether they have seen similar problems ?

I would hope that as you cannot get any reasonable response out of the CSC that someone on here will explain what is going on

IAN
6 REPLIES
N/A

Yes P2P is now UNUSABLE.... Time to jump ship matey...

Take a look at this thread

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49448

You will see we are not the only ones.
N/A

ok

I am not a big p2p user - but plus.net have done something -

is this their way of saying - we don't want p2p or torrent traffic

are they not willing to say so publically

I have asked on numerous occasions for a statement from plus.net on their intentions on traffic, and have not got any response at all.

I don't care whether they read these messages and don't respond, but it's pretty bad customer service that no-one is willing to talk to us.
N/A

other messages

I apologise If I have started another tread to a similar problem, but no idea how big an issue this us.

was just thinking it was my connection
N/A

you are right right - plus.net staff are not talking on the forums anymore - but that is a sign of pure 'lack of service' - I don't blame them - but pure ignorance
N/A

heard follwing to carephone warehouse and AOL trouble that tiscli is having touble folowing the attempted rollout of sky LLU - after all those attempts to get tiscali working and effecting BT customers too - that if plus.net routers are managed by tiscali is telehouse, why does it affect BT customers !!! who's paid who !
Community Veteran

I'm locking this thread as it adds nothing to the forums. If you wish to disscuss the recent changes to the ellacoy traffic shaping equipment you can do so here or if you wish to discuss the absense of comms from the board you can do so here.