cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet

N/A

no internet

Hi
posting this on behalf of parents thay have no dsl light cannott get on to internet at all would appreciate if someone from plusnet could take a look username is avrilw

Thanks
35 REPLIES
James
Grafter

no internet

Hi Chelle,

Looks like it's gradually got worse over the course of this week, starting from being intermittent and now completely unable to gain synchronisation. Have they:

- Phoned us
- Raised a ticket
- Changed filters
- Ensured they are connected to master socket
- Tried using a different modem.

Please bear in mind I'm not a first line support agent and they should at least try phoning support first before it finds its way onto here Smiley
N/A

no internet

Thanks for the reply
I have relayed this back to them
N/A

no internet

Well after changing everthing its still not working Sad

Have phoned and reported fault must say am very impressed phone was answered first ring and guy was very helpful good work :lol:
N/A

no internet

Try-
1. Unplugging everything from your phone line including telephones, sky boxes, fax machines etc.
2. Plug a different micro-filter from the one your modem is currently using into your master socket (the first point of entry for your BT line into your house)
3. Connect your modem to this with the cables originally provided and check if the DSL light syncs.
4. If this fails and it is possible, try with another modem to see if this is a modem rather than a line fault. The last call I had about no broadband was a faulty modem after it was knocked over by their cleaner. The modem was self-testing correctly and appeared to be fine from the online web-interface, yet it was quickly apparent once replaced that this was faulty.
Do you still have the USB modem PN sent you when you signed up? If so, and you're not using it yourself, why not try taking it and a laptop over to your parents house and seeing if you can get that to sync. Lots of people are sent USB modems by their ISPs and use Routers, so it's worth asking around if you don't have a spare modem yourself.

Obviously raise/escalate a ticket if none of this works.

Whilst you're waiting for this to be investigated try using the backup dial-up number 0808 9933270 to at least give your parents basic web/e-mail access. See here for help.
N/A

no internet

Go for ticket/give first line support a call. Reminds me of one of my problems
N/A

no internet

HI
have done everything as requested still no inernet could someone take a look at ticket 21297063
N/A

no internet

Whilst you're waiting for this to be investigated try using the backup dial-up number 0808 9933270 to at least give your parents basic web/e-mail access. See here for help.

Remember that this only works after raising a fault stating you have no connection.

Check tickets for FRIACO component being added - if it hasn't been added, you can't access the free dial-up number.
Mand
Grafter

no internet

HI
have done everything as requested still no inernet could someone take a look at ticket 21297063

Hi there,

The ticket is awaiting further testing and raising to BT as necessary, and should be updated this afternoon.
N/A

no internet

ok thanks for reply
N/A

no internet

Hi
can someone advise if there if any update on this please

I rang plusnet this morning and was told we would recieve a phone call today with a full report from bt

ps my Dad is getting a little impatient :roll:
N/A

no internet

any update on this please
N/A

no internet

I had a similar fault like this since december 06. still not fixed. Will leave plusnet at the end of this week
sam
Grafter

no internet

any update on this please

Can I take it that you are aware of the appointment booked for wednesday?

I had a similar fault like this since december 06. still not fixed. Will leave plusnet at the end of this week

ian42, I am sorry that you have had such a bad experience with us. As far as I can tell, the majority of the delays were due to engineers not going to your property, this is completely unacceptable and is something that we have raised to BT, as you are not the only person this has happened to.
N/A

no internet

Bt have not turned up Evil
ticket21297063