cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newbie

N/A

newbie

With C&W closing down I tried Surfanytime (slooow) So I tried Freeserve Anytime (even slooower) I then tried several 0845 ISPs which ranged from not too bad to making my teeth itch. I signed up today with Plusnet anytime and it seems quite good in fact almost as good as C&W was. So far so good I just hope these download speeds hold up.
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: newbie

Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
I hope in the future you will consider using the My Referrals scheme to get a discount on your subcription.
If you have your own web site you might find the Refferal banners (available in the My Account section of the portal) useful.
You say the service is nearly as good as your old provider? What can we do to make it better? Do you have any suggestions / ideas on how we can improve things? If so we would like to hear.

Thanks
Chris
--
| Chris Rugen.....................................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------------+
N/A

RE: newbie

> Hi,
> Thanks for your comments.
> I hope in the future you will consider using the My Referrals scheme to get a discount on your subcription.

I have added the referrals link on my website at www.education-jobs.co.uk/useful_links.htm I didn't use a banner because my experience is banners do not work as well as straight links coupled to a recommendation. The discount scheme doesn't interest me that much, naturally though I don't look a gift horse in the mouth. All I want to do is be able to look at websites without waiting ages for them to appear on my screen. Frankly and at the risk of being rude, I don't think you can achieve the old C&W speeds because they never had too many people down the proverbial pipe at the same time, consequently there were no delays attributed to ISP congestion.
I am having one or two minor problems which I have notified your Tekkies about to see if they can resolve them other than that I am still very happy with the service so much so I have told the whole UK Internet Yachting Community ;-)
N/A

RE: newbie

> > Hi,
> > Thanks for your comments.
> > I hope in the future you will consider using the My Referrals scheme to get a discount on your subcription.
>
> I have added the referrals link on my website at www.education-jobs.co.uk/useful_links.htm I didn't use a banner because my experience is banners do not work as well as straight links coupled to a recommendation. The discount scheme doesn't interest me that much, naturally though I don't look a gift horse in the mouth. All I want to do is be able to look at websites without waiting ages for them to appear on my screen. Frankly and at the risk of being rude, I don't think you can achieve the old C&W speeds because they never had too many people down the proverbial pipe at the same time, consequently there were no delays attributed to ISP congestion.
> I am having one or two minor problems which I have notified your Tekkies about to see if they can resolve them other than that I am still very happy with the service so much so I have told the whole UK Internet Yachting Community ;-)



Hi Byron,

Thanks for the recommendation! We are trying hard to bring you the best service possible and will continue to improve that service where possible.

I have taken a look at your account and noted that your ticket has been answered by the support team. You can view the response by logging into the Contact Us.

Please let us know if we can help you further.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa.................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant.........for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ------
N/A

RE: newbie

>
> I have taken a look at your account and noted that your ticket has been answered by the support team. You can view the response by logging into the Contact Us.
>
> Please let us know if we can help you further.

Unfortunately the problem still isn't resolved. I have added a few more observations to see if that helps you isolate the problem. What was a minor irritation which I thought easily fixed is becoming an annoyance. :-(
--
N/A

RE: newbie

Good Evening,

I looked into your problem but I couldn't find any reason for it to do that.

We don't change anything really with the .inf file, only the homepage, dial number and STD code.

I'll have another look into this later when we quieten down.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant   for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

RE: newbie

> Good Evening,
>
> I looked into your problem but I couldn't find any reason for it to do that.
>
> We don't change anything really with the .inf file, only the homepage, dial number and STD code.

Problem Solved. I have spent most of today and now until the wee small hours solving this problem. I have told your Tekkies what caused the problem as it is bound to happen again. Thinking aloud "wonder if they will give me an allowance against my hours on line solving this" >:>
N/A

RE: newbie


> > We don't change anything really with the .inf file, only the homepage, dial number and STD code.
>
That isn't quite true the problem could have been caused by you.

It's occasionally used by some ISPs to provide accelerated DNS resolution. Some 3rd party web accelerators use it also. Problem is when the IPs in the HOSTS file get changed then you get a "page cannot be displayed" error.