cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new signup

N/A

new signup

Just helped a friend signup with Plusnet, referred by me of course Cheesy She is due to be activated on the 20th Dec after 12pm, but her modem is already synch'd with the exchange at 2mbit and she can log into her PN account on her daughters PC, but when trying to login on her own PC, it says invalid username or password on the domain. Will this be working by the 20th? I thought as soon as the modem synch'd with the exchange she would be able to login to PN. She's signed up for Brodaband Plus btw.

Thanks
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

new signup

BT may not have completed all the work necessary even though you can sync with the exchange. I suggest you wait for the PlusNet email stating your line is activated and then try to connect.

By logging in, do you mean via the plusnet portal using your existing (dialup) connection? If so, your PlusNet account is created as soon as you sign up so you can login and check on your broadband activation progress. If you can login on one PC and not another then there must be something different about the one that fails. Caps lock perhaps?
N/A

new signup

Hi Peter,

I mean she can login into the PN member center on her daughters PC broadband connection and check the order status. As you say her acount is already created, and modem is synch'd so surely her broadband should work. I'm due to see her again on the 21st, the day after BT say she'll be activated.

She is login in using: username@plusdsl.net and her PN password.

Thanks for your help Smiley
Community Veteran

new signup

Is she using a USB modem or a router.

The login to get the modem connected will be as you stated, and the same for the router config login/pass. The login to the member centre will just be username (no @plusdsl.net) & password.

BT do sometimes activate the line early and it may take a few login attempts before PlusNet see the connection attempt and activate the line.

If you are sure the modem is in sync, and you have put in the correct modem username & password, then they need to ring PlusNet support, state the line is synced and ask for the account t be activated manually.

Finally do check the ADSL login is correct (connection settings -> connection details) as some use username@plus.net
N/A

new signup

Hi Peter,

She has the Voyager modem PN supplied, hopefully next Wednesday when I go it will be working and she can login. I can only presume she is typing her password correctly, I will double check caps lock isn't on. The modem has 2 solid green lights, power and dsl. Thanks alot for your help.

Ian
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

new signup

Hi,

If the connection attempts are coming through to us then our activation script should activate the account automatically.

If it doesn't connect then ask your friend to call the support team and if they can see the connections coming through they can activate it manually.

If they don't see anything and the username is correct then like Peter says it's likely that the frames work is done, but the rest of the work is still in progress.
N/A

new signup

Thanks Dave. Smiley