cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new plusnet member needs help

N/A

hi all,
right so the postie has just been and given me a box with my modem, 2 filters, a black cable and a blue cable plus the installation discs. Cheesy
now then, here's the thing, im already connected to ntlworld and have now changed over to a bt line to access the plusnet at a faster speed. I havent stopped my ntl contract yet so my pc still has an ntlworld broadband connection, do i have to uninstall my ntlworld before i insert my installation discs for plusnet and will this mean that i cant and wont be able to access my current ntlmail account ? :?
Also, my bt line has an adaptor cable going from it to the upstairs where my pc is, so does that mean that i have to use a filter thingy on both the downstairs line and the upstairs line ? :? [color=blue]
[/color]
any help would be greatly appreciated
steve
3 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

I'd generally advise removing the previous connection first, before installing the modem that we sent out, though depending on your setup this might not be 100% required.

Though you should still be able to access the NTL email account, even if the modem software is uninstalled.

As for the filters, its best to have them as close to the master socket as possible, as this cuts down the chance of there being multiple filters between your modem and the telephone line.
Laugh
Grafter

You'll still be able to access your mail account through PlusNet. In fact, you shouldn't need to do anything. Add new accounts to Outlook (or whatever mail package you're using) to handle your new plusnet e-mail accounts. You might be better off keeping NTL as your default mail account as it is probably more stable than PlusNet's at the moment. Wink

Tools......Accounts off the menu will get you to where to create the new accounts.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Remember that once you're connected through PlusNet all your e-mail accounts must be modified to use the PlusNet outgoing mail server (SMTP) which is relay.plus.net otherwise you won't be able to send e-mails using those accounts