cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new isp keep phone

mcgoo
Grafter

new isp keep phone

still awaiting my mac?Can anyone tell me can i keep my phone with them eg £11pm and move to say madasafish or whoever as my bb provider? :?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

new isp keep phone

As long as your phone rental is still with BT, you can use whoever you want for your ISP

However, if you used Plusnet for your Wholesale Line Rental (WLR) and are cancelling then, I would think that your phone line will disconnect too, so you would need to get it reconnected by BT.

I am inclined to think that we're on the first scenario and you are still paying BT line rental, so everything should be just fine Smiley

Roger.
mcgoo
Grafter

new isp keep phone

unfortunatley no.i pay this useless mob £11 which pays the line rental and 240 min per month?No bills from bt,so if thats the case i will have to find an isp that also give much the same deal as i dont want to pay bt anything Sad :arrow: Evil :twisted: :shock:
Liam
Grafter

new isp keep phone

Hi there,

Thanks for the "useless mob" comment. I'm assuming you don't mind me stepping in to help you out?

You do need to make sure you initiate a move of your phone service elsewhere BEFORE you migrate, otherwise your line will be ceased completely. You have to have an active Broadband account to use Home Phone.

Also bear in mind that there is a £20 cancellation charge for Home Phone. This will be charged automatically.

Once the line has moved over to another provider, then you can safely proceed with your order with another ISP without worries.

Hope that helps.

PS. Whoever you go with, ultimately BT will be taking their share of the line rental. After all, they look after the cabling, equipment, exchanges etc... We pay BT a portion of your line rental to us. Unless you go with Cable, you can't escape them!
mcgoo
Grafter

new isp keep phone

Hi there,

Thanks for the "useless mob" comment. I'm assuming you don't mind me stepping in to help you out?

You do need to make sure you initiate a move of your phone service elsewhere BEFORE you migrate, otherwise your line will be ceased completely. You have to have an active Broadband account to use Home Phone.

Also bear in mind that there is a £20 cancellation charge for Home Phone. This will be charged automatically.

Once the line has moved over to another provider, then you can safely proceed with your order with another ISP without worries.

Hope that helps.

PS. Whoever you go with, ultimately BT will be taking their share of the line rental. After all, they look after the cabling, equipment, exchanges etc... We pay BT a portion of your line rental to us. Unless you go with Cable, you can't escape them!

Well im sorry if the useles mob upset you but i wouldnt have considered moving if you had given me what i pay for namely as a light user 4gb and a resonable speed.The phone thing becomes a problem which means i will probably have to suffer a poor isp for a bit longer Evil Evil