cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+net you've let me down

kreynolds
Grafter

+net you've let me down

On 1 July I used the move your ADSL tool to inform +net that as of the 8 July I was moving house, a ticket, 16922950, was raised to cease at the old address and reprovide at the new address. This was going OK, on 4 July after a call from BT I added a note to the ticket to inform that BT wouldn't be activating the line until noon 8 July, thinking that someone at provisioning would read this and arrange for the reprovide to be delayed until after this time. So as far as I knew my ADSL would be available.

Finally unpacked PC on 15 July, switched on and noticed that the router would not synch on the line, connected through dial up Cry to find out what was going on. At 1:26 pm 8 July a member of the provisioning team had returned the ticket as
Actioned : Dear Mr Reynolds,
Your order was cancelled due to not having a BT mcontract please contact BT on 150 to rectify this.
Regards,

I phoned +net CS explained what had happened and the CS agent added
Dear Mr Reynolds,
Your order will be resubmitted. This is now being dealt with by our provisioning team on ticket 17043092.
Please accept our appologies for the delay.
Regards,

as this was done in the evening I knew it would be Monday before anything would happen as provisioning work the same times as BT Wholesale.

A quick check on 19 July showed nothing had been done, explained everything again, and this was the reply received:
This ticket is currently with provisioning department - after phonecall I checked the dates/times that this ticket was opened and saw that it was after 6pm on the Friday evening. The provisioning department works the same hours as BT wholesale's center which doesn't work evenings and weekends.

Somebody from provisioning will place your order soon.

This is the first time that I have had any problems with +net, but still I feel let down by their lack of actions. On Friday it will be two weeks without an ADSL service, Friday also happens to be the day I get billed for the coming month. I know that I can raise a separate ticket to get a partial refund/billing date change to reflect the time spent without an ADSL service, but that is not the issue I have at the moment.
6 REPLIES
N/A

+net you've let me down

House moving is quite troublesome it seems.
I ended up (just) over a month without a connection.
There are various issues which demonstrate the delays which BT Wholesale are causing for end users, not least one account I have waiting for an ISDN Cease and ADSL provide (almost 3 1/2 weeks), and a migration in from AOL (already one week, but I expect longer Wink ).
Unfortunately PN's hands are tied when it comes to BT providing the circuit for the service, and we all just have to wait Sad
You are correct about the payment though, PN will take this months payment, but will happily refund you for the period without connection, once you have been connected.

It is a shame that communication and customer service seems to be at a low at the minute - the lack of contact/updates from CS upsets me more than the actual issue too.

Sorry its not happier news.
N/A

+net you've let me down

For me it seems that the provisioning team are struggling and have been for a while.

The error margin or delay within that pool seems to me to be increasing or at best not getting any better.

I am not saying that the members of that team are inefficient, simply that it seems that resources are not at a level to cope with demand. The ticketing system, whilst excellent in many ways, proves that on occasions the fact that there is no ownership of an issue or problem menas that salient facts get overlooked and errors occur.

From my stand point, the greatest amount of customer dissatisfaction at present stems from Provisioning and Faults issues.

Are the practices and staffing levels within this team being looked at by Plus Net management?

I think they need to be.
N/A

+net you've let me down

I would agree with what you say , this is what really naffed me off as a new customer. Since my connection has been activated I am reasonably happy with PN.

A start would be to ask the team to do some extra hours (Weekends/ evenings) . Although BT Wholsale may not be avaialbel there is plenty of other work that could be doen (updating tickets, admin, planning what to do monday etc).
Also is the BTW system not online , so requests etc can be submitted out of working hours?... and of course there is always email!
kreynolds
Grafter

+net you've let me down

For once I can't blame BT Wholesale. The cause of the problem lies wholly with + net. It is now 6 days since the recent ticket was raised and still NO ACTION (starting to shout now). Evil :x

Also I notice a lack of reply by any + net staff.

Going to give it till tomorrow and then see about starting to claim for breach of contract.

Tis a shame that it may have to come to this after all the good service they have provided in the past, but I am not prepared to be fobbed off with the general CS excuse of 'they'll pick it up soon' and as the contract was to cease and reprovide this has been breached by +net as I do not have an ADSL service, despite taking all reasionable actions to inform + net of the status of the activation of the BT line.
N/A

+net you've let me down

did anything get sorted then?

been with them about 3years, im cheesed off to *thinks mac code*
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

+net you've let me down

Hi there,

kreynolds PM'd me a few days ago. An order was placed yesterday. If he contacts us after the line has been activated, we will arrange to credit the account for any period of downtime.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵