cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with belkin wireless router.

N/A

got a new laptop and connected my wireless belkin router to my wired origo 8400 router which is connected to my pc,it worked the first day fine but then when i switched my laptop on next day i couldnt connect to the internet! also now i cant even get onto the belkin admin console on my laptop which i could when i first got it,the numbers are 192.168.2.1 and my origo router numbers are 10.0.0.2.

can anyone please help me as i dont know what to do,also im getting the message ip confllict on the laptop.
34 REPLIES
donj53
Grafter

Can you access either from your pc.
Sounds like you left your wireless router open and somebody has got in and messed with it.Reset the wireless router to factory defaults then use encription on the setup.
N/A

i can connect the internet through my origo router in my pc,but i still cant connect on my laptop using the wireless router.
N/A

can someone tell me what dns settings i need please.
Community Veteran

Hi Headshotking

In your router, under Internet WAN, click on DNS and you should be presented with the DNS screen.
"Automatic from ISP" should be checked, and should work no problem. However, if you want to set your DNS Server IP addresses manually they are:

Primary DNS Server 212.159.13.49
Secondary DNS Server 212.159.13.50
Optional tertiary DNS server 212.159.6.9

I am running a Belkin F5d7633 UK4a router, so if you're stuck, PM me and I will try to help as much as I can.

regards,

Roger.
N/A

Why do you have three seperate networks?

10.x.x.x, 192.168.x.x, and the internet.

Do you have a suitable gateway between them all? Most people only have one or two at the most.

Which network does your laptop and pc use, and which gateway?
donj53
Grafter

Can you access both routers using their ip address.If you can then go to the wireless admin page and reset to factory defaults.
Rename your connection.
Go into security and set either wep or wap on.Note your security string down.
Go to the laptop,browse for networks,click to connect to yours,enter the code and that should be it.
N/A

Why do you have three seperate networks?

10.x.x.x, 192.168.x.x, and the internet.

Do you have a suitable gateway between them all? Most people only have one or two at the most.

Which network does your laptop and pc use, and which gateway?

i dont know anything about networks i just know that the admin console for my wireless belkin router is 192.168.2.1 and for my pc wired origo router its 10.0.0.2.

i dont know what gateway they use either my pc connects with the conectant usb adaptor origo 8400 router.

would it help if i got a ethernet port installed in the back of my pc? would that make it work.
N/A

Can you access both routers using their ip address.If you can then go to the wireless admin page and reset to factory defaults.
Rename your connection.
Go into security and set either wep or wap on.Note your security string down.
Go to the laptop,browse for networks,click to connect to yours,enter the code and that should be it.

yes i can connect to the wirelees admin page sometimes and i already tried restoring the factory defaults but that didnt make it work,as for the networks i dont even know which network im supposed to use i just make new one's up with the wireless pro intel thing and sometimes it can connect and says signal exellent other times it wont connect and i have to keep trying or make a new network thingy,but the internet on the laptop still never works.
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

I suspect you've got yourself set up with 2 network segments. Network segments are designed to be completely insular, and not able to talk to each other unless specifically connected via a bridge.

Without seeing the setup, I can only guess what is happening. I'm assuming that you have the wireless router connected to the ADSL router as an uplinked router. I'm also assuming that BOTH routers have DHCP enabled, with the ADSL router asigning 192.168.2.x addresses and the wireless router asigning 10.0.0.x addresses. This will create 2 network segments!!!

Turn the DHCP server OFF for the wireless router, and let the ADSL router deal with IP address requests.

Hope this helps, Neil
N/A

hi,its the wired orgio router connected to my pc with usb that uses the address 10.0.0.2,i connect through the internet with this so should i turn off the dhcp on this?

also should i turn on the dhcp relay?

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

OK, sorry - I misread that.

No, I recommend that you diable the DHCP server on the wireless router.

Regards, Neil
N/A

im on the wireless router now and there is no option to turn off the dhcp.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]
N/A

ok sorry i found it and im going to test it now.
N/A

ok i turned the dhcp off on the wireless router but i still cant connect to the internet,the settings for LAN on the wireless router are ip address :192.168.2.3

subnet mask is 255.255.0

the settings for the wired router on LAN is ip address 10.0.0.2

subnet mask is 255.0.0.0

dhcp server start address is 10.0.0.4

end address is 10.0.0.5

how do i check my correct user name and password for plusnet because i might be entering that wrong.