cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a site that will double check my line stats externaly

Community Veteran

HI

My line stats appear to be to good for to long. Is there a website that can verify my line stats from external to my setup SNR up and down etc. I know the bt.com/broadband site will give me an indication of the maxdsl speed I may expect but its going on old stats putting the news stats into the calculator Here http://212.23.23.177/calc.htm showa my line could be expected to get up to 8192kbps Having read thata the average is 6.1mbps I'm not convinced my router is being completely honest.

Cheer

A

DSL Status : Up
DSL Modulation Mode : GDMT
DSL Path Mode : FAST
Downstream Rate : 2272 Kbps
Upstream Rate : 288 Kbps
Downstream Margin : 23 db
Upstream Margin : 30 db
Downstream Line Attenuation : 44
Upstream Line Attenuation : 23
Downstream Transmit Power : 0
Upstream Transmit Power : 0
3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Veteran

There is a whoosh test that PN can do. But they won't do one unless there is a problem on the line...
Community Veteran

There are only 2 places where line stats can be obtained and that is either end of your phone line (i.e. your router and the exchange).

Only you can get the line stats from your router and only BT can get the stats at the exchange.

PN can run a BT woosh line test to check your line but that is something you have to request and PN will only do it if they are investigating a fault. BT won't run a line test for you.

There are no websites that can show your line stats.
Community Veteran

cheers' I guess I'll nedd to wait to the big day when the maxdsl is initiated on my line.

A