cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my view on the BBP situation

N/A

macdougall wrote
as it has been mentioned before. I know the low usage users cant understand how us higher usage users manage to download so much, but I'm of the same thinking towards low usage users. Why have such a high speed always on connection if you dont use more than a gig a month ?
you could download a Gb a month easily on a dial up connection.
I remember the good old days of dialup, start downloading a CD on a friday night, go away for the weekend and come back on sunday to still find it downloading!

I'm a low usage user, round about 1G per month. The reasons I have BB are
It don't tie up the phone as did the dial up, I can leave outlook running, browsing is at a reasonable speed.

What I can;t understand about the heavy user, is the fact that 1 person could have "several PC's" networked at "home" am I missing something, takes me all my time to manage just the 1. May be that's the difference between a lite an a heavy user.
But everyone to their own..................eh Wink
csogilvie
Grafter

Its quite easy to have a network of PCs in the house - I have it and I'm about 10GB a month - it could also be things like students etc.
jberry
Grafter

What the hell was he doing, archving the internet

Or maybe making a local copy of the internet in case of ADSL connection problems Cheesy
N/A

Hi Colin
Thank you for the reply, was only "testing the water", have a laptop hooked up as well.

But 10G a month, in relation to others would put you in the lite user bracket

Cool
N/A

poppy, you dont have a leg to stand on.
N/A

Nice one Josh

:lol: :lol:
N/A

I have a few PCs hooked up too plus I have my laptop for doing work at home.
And I have Xbox connected which I use to play games (online + offline), play streaming internet radio and watch movie trailers on apple quicktime site.

but to bring up a point earlier in this thread.
when I initially signed up for broadband I too believed I could use it as much as I wanted, hence the reason I regraded to 1Mb a year ago, had I know I wasnt allowed to use it as much as I wanted, I wouldnt have needed 1Mb
plus since I thought I was allowed to use it as much as possible. I pay for a premium usenet account to get bits and pieces from.
N/A

This brings back some bad memories for me. the SMURFTIME saga from the then Force9 brand. Finally we could use an unlimited service with a fixed cost no per min fees. This is great.

Force 9 could not calculate the demand so resolved this by kicking off the most frequesnt users (mainly because they had the cheak to use the service)

I was one those victims and for some reason (friend recomend) I came back for an ADSL with the now branded PlusNet. I am on a 1m home worker that costs arms and legs and it aint very good to be honest performance is any thing between rubbish and OK. I killed NTL for this NTL was much cheaper and after I switch they changed the 1m customers to 1.5 m :roll:

I suspect Plusnet have over subscribed again and are looking after the good customers (these are the ones that pay for the service but don't actually use it) As with the SmurfTime they are gambling on this. If things start to get bad kick off the top 10% high use customers then that will allow you to grow another 30% with customers that don't use it and with no investment in infrastructure.

I will be moving when I can be arsed to sort it all out (I am VERY lazy)
N/A

I am on a 1m home worker that costs arms and legs and it aint very good to be honest performance is any thing between rubbish and OK.

Sorry to hear you've been having problems with your connection.

If you would like to expand on the issues you have had I'm sure you will get plenty of advice and tips on how to improve things.

There are many reasons for having connection problems. Few of which are actually within Plus Nets control.

What are the problems and what steps have been taken to resolve them.

Best regards

Mark
N/A

Of the top users, we had 4 customers as clear winners, each doing in excess of 1.5TB over a 3 month period.

I would add to the user with 135GB usage, that the monitoring period we used was fixed for everyone, not related to individual billing periods, so the numbers in View My usage may not quite tally up.

Regards,

Ian

was i one of those people? i know i did over 500 Gigs in one month

just checking......

479.8GB - Usage so far this month:
597.23GB - Oct-Nov
192.02GB - Sep-Oct

i would guess i might be in the top 10 at least? :twisted:

p,s, soz if that extracting the proverbial Shockedops:
N/A

i thought my 130 gb was a lot.