cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my opinion of plusnet, and their poor service

N/A

i have now been with plusnet for approx one year, all of a sudden i receive an email from plusnet explaining that i have high usage, and to sum things up, i either keep the connection and they eventually kick me off, it states if i keep the connection my nntp and p2p ports will be capped .

they promised my nntp access would remain, but capped at 60k sec, but this isnt the case. my nntp access is ZERO, yes thats right, nothing, they have pretty much blocked all traffic to and from nntp servers, i have a paid for service with newshosting, so i pay them £8 month, plusnet gets £23 month,

what is this £23 for? they say its for browsing the internet because they havnt blocked any ports on this yet. wtf ?

anyway im off to a decent isp who doesnt discriminate against heavy and light users,

PLUSNET, I DOUBT YOU WILL LAST VERY LONG WITH THESE SILLY ANTICS, GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE BECAUSE IM SURE YOU NEED IT.

other users please feel free to comment on plusnets poor service, PLEASE!
13 REPLIES
N/A

Just to add, has anyone tried listening to BBC 1Xtra while their connection is capped? GOOD LUCK! u hear a fragment every 5 seconds! FANTASTIC SERVICE! NOT! so now i cant even browse the net and listen to live radio? what do i do with this stupid connection?
N/A

what is considered a heavy user.

what sort of usage per month.
N/A

anyone over 200 kils Shocked or 30 gig peak or 70 gig offpeak [approx 1 gig a day peak and 2.5 gig a day offpeak
N/A

what is considered a heavy user.

what sort of usage per month.

Go back to sleep, or see the SUP posts, theres enough of them!
N/A

moda1 hits nail on head

moda1 you have done the decent thing and skipped this isp.
Wheelie
Grafter

@moda1
Sorry to see you have fallen foul of the sup but I have one question for you.

Since you use this forum and looking at your registration date you have been here nearly a year then you must have been aware of the sup since it has been a hot topic in here for a while how did you manage to get caught out by it :?:
N/A

Hmm..

wouldn't he have been 'caught out by the SUP' by it morphing into a different service than he signed up for originally ?

I thought this was the whole point about the change in the T's & C's - PlusNet signed people up then decided to be more specific about what service they wanted their customers to have (and more specifically not have) after taking their money.

:?
N/A

exactly easthowle . . . if someone signs up for an unlimited service they dont then check for the limitations..
Discostoo
Grafter

I'd love to be considered a heavy user! After watching various mate's adsl connections flying thru the net i thought i'd upgrade from dial-up. I was referred to plusnet and my 2mb premier connection is slower than my old dial up with AOL!!!
N/A

Yep I requested my MAC code yesterday and will be moving ISP's a week on Monday....The plusnet that welcomed me with open arms over 2 years ago now treats me like a leper....and my circumstances haven't changed only faster speed that I can't take advantage of with the FUP ....I have a network with 3 puters on it ..... +net tell you the premier service is for such use then put a FUP on it that makes it useless ....sorry to go but needs must ....a teenage son and wife that like to go on the net at speeds greater than 1=2 kbps peak time......now +net have made me a bad boy.....you never know they might change there mind again if the wind blows in the right direction someday ..... until then it's a sad "goodbye all" from me Sad
N/A

sort it out plusnet or youll end up losing all the "heavy users" including me
Community Veteran

:roll: :? That has to be the most impotent threat I ever heard! :? :lol: :twisted:

No dissrespect intended vicdsl.
Discostoo
Grafter

maybe but think of all the people disgruntled that dont write on the forum. The speeds are shockingly low, i hope its due to BT and not +net in my case.

(awaiting faster speeds publicly...13kbps record so far)