cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my max download I have seen on 8mb is 62kbs yippy !!

N/A

lisen mods I am starting to get really link:censored off now. I have been paying the 39.99 for years so I should of been upgraded first.

the fastest download speed I have seen on my PC since the upgrade = 62kbs which way below even 1mb service mind paying for 8mb.

what the Hell is going on !!!

customer supports 100% sucks and agents just lie and make things - and thats after spending 45 mins on a phone.

I like many people have every right to be upset and angry here. stop concentrating on making money with new customers and look after the 1s you all ready have.!!

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Removed, deliberate attempt to bypass the swear filter.]
44 REPLIES
N/A

jamieuk,

Firstly I can understand being upset at the speed issues and with what your paying and all. But something I need to draw your attention to is that I myself and the other Mods have absolutely nothing to do with Plusnet. We are normal paying customers like yourself who give up some of their free time to moderate these here forums.

Firstly can I ask what package you are on ( found in your account details somewhere ) and also what speeds you had prior to the upgrade. Have you checked your router details to see if Path Mode = Interleaved or Fast Path.

What does your router sync at?
Have you done a BT speed test?

I know it sounds as though I am being pretty standard ( basically I am ) but all this sort of information will help us ( the community ) to help you as well as giv e the comms team as much info as possible so that when they do come to take a closer look they have all the details ( or as much there of ) as possible.

Regards,
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The speed that you see is set by BT based on what speeds your line can support. If your sync speed drops down then the backend speed will drop down as well. If the sync speed goes back up it takes a lot longer for the backend speed to catch up with that (decreases in speed will be triggered after maybe an hour of a lower sync speed but increases would need the line to be sync'd at the higher rate for at least 3 days).
N/A

jamieuk,

Firstly I can understand being upset at the speed issues and with what your paying and all. But something I need to draw your attention to is that I myself and the other Mods have absolutely nothing to do with Plusnet. We are normal paying customers like yourself who give up some of their free time to moderate these here forums.

Firstly can I ask what package you are on ( found in your account details somewhere ) and also what speeds you had prior to the upgrade. Have you checked your router details to see if Path Mode = Interleaved or Fast Path.

What does your router sync at?
Have you done a BT speed test?

I know it sounds as though I am being pretty standard ( basically I am ) but all this sort of information will help us ( the community ) to help you as well as giv e the comms team as much info as possible so that when they do come to take a closer look they have all the details ( or as much there of ) as possible.

Regards,

Hi mate in account details it says this

product PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 3 39.99 a month

as mentioned I ahve been paying this for years, and have been on 2mb service.

last month I seen a slight increase in speed and I was getting download speeds of around a max 220-280kbs a second.

next thing I new my speeds just have gone down hill since, and I have been having really bad speeds for the last 3 weeks. I have turned my router off for a few hours hopeing that would do something but it hasnt.

I am sorry but I am unsure on how to find out what my router is synced at.

speed test done here http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

Download Speed: 494 kbps (61.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 173 kbps (21.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

speed test using the 1 in connection settings

519.50kbps

Which means you can download at 64.94 KB/sec. from our servers. Our results show that your current speed is below the level we would expect for your product, you may be able to increase the speed of your connection by adjusting your settings.

I have not changed anything on my PC or even upgraded a router and I havent had any problems since you guys have been trying to offer the 8mb service.

the biggest wind up thing thou is when I think of alll those months I have been paying the extra money to be upgraded first and I am left with a connection below even 1mb.

:x
N/A

Hi,

The speed that you see is set by BT based on what speeds your line can support. If your sync speed drops down then the backend speed will drop down as well. If the sync speed goes back up it takes a lot longer for the backend speed to catch up with that (decreases in speed will be triggered after maybe an hour of a lower sync speed but increases would need the line to be sync'd at the higher rate for at least 3 days).

well my line was handling 2mb no problem, but now my line is working well below 1mb service.

I am telling you guys every day, sending tickets to copy and paste people. and still not getting any help or any 1 makeing sence of it !

this isnt rocket science, is there no way you guys can test my phone line. I dont mean test it to see if its working on a dialing point, but on a actual speed 8mb point.

So what am I exspected to do spend another F month !! paying 39.99 while you and BT tinkle with the lines !!

I am paying for this service and NOT receiving it !!!!!!!!!!!
kosh2
Grafter

jamieuk,

Have you checked your router details to see if Path Mode = Interleaved or Fast Path.

Tomspcs, slightly off topic but can you explain what that means and where would one find it?
N/A

jamieuk im in exactly the same position as you mate

first few days got good speeds, now pathetic even at nite when the system is suposed to be less utilised.

feel like going back to 2mb at least i was getting 230k then Cheesy
N/A

This is the run down I had:
Previous Line Speed: 1MB
Day and Speed

1 = 4MB-5MB
2 = 4MB-5MB
3 = 4MB-5MB
4 = 512k
5 = 1MB
6 = 1MB
7 = 512k
8 = 1MB
9 = 2MB
10 = 2MB

And I am on the 10th day now, left with 2MB and Interleaving. But day 1-3 I had 4-5MB with Fastpath. Now I have no idea if it will sort its head out or not by Monday but I have already put a ticket in for Interleaving to be switched off, I just hope it happens sooner rather than later.

I agree Jamie that it is very annoying but their really is not much anybody but BT can do and not even they seem to know what to do. I guess we are all in the same boat until all the issues have been ironed out completely.

Although you should be aware that the longer into the 10 days you get the more stable speeds you will see. They may not be great but it will most likely get better. Wink
N/A

jamieuk im in exactly the same position as you mate

first few days got good speeds, now pathetic even at nite when the system is suposed to be less utilised.

feel like going back to 2mb at least i was getting 230k then Cheesy

cool to no I am not the only 1 !.

Just gonna phone this mickey mouse company now, tired phoneing the other day and this woman lied to me and gave me all the wrong information as she didnt no it.

apparently a PN person on here said her manager would have words with her.

any way point is money makes the world goround >> if I was to stop paying Pn for there services they would go mad and throw there toys out fo there pram so I have every right to be angry and F offed my self as I have been paying something for ages which I am not receiving and no dout people who downgraded to the 2mb standard service at 21.99 a month are fully connected on 8mb.

1 word >>>> COMPENSATION !
N/A

Jamieuk,

As I said I understand your torment and anger. It isnt what anyone should have to go through. Despite what recent changes may have happened I know that Jon, Dave, Mand and James on the comms team do try and help out as much as is humanly possible.

As for your settings,

just take a look at your router and look for something similar to a link called "DSL-Status" ( Thats what its called in the DSL-G604T (D-Link)).

In there you will see data such as
DSL Status

Connection Status Connected
Upstream Rate (Kbps) 448
Downstream Rate (Kbps) 6624
US Margin 23
DS Margin 6
Modulation GDMT
LOS Errors 0
DS Line Attenuation 47
US Line Attenuation 60
Path Mode Interleaved

DSL Statistics
Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0
Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

In short Interleaving means
Interleaving
Interleaving is a technique used to stop interference affecting your data transfer. Using interleaving can give you a faster and more stable speed, but there may also be a small delay (or added latency) on your line, which may be of concern to gamers. We can turn interleaving off or on if you are having problems with your service.

You will notice there is "Path Mode" near the bottom. This is what your looking for on your router.

I would imagine it is with the rest of the info ( Sync and SNR etc ) but as far as I understand it the DG834 requires you telnetting into it to obtain the details.

I hope this helps a little.

jamieuk, I know its not required but perhaps you could do a BT Speed test and see what results come back. This would either place the problem with BT or closer to home.

Regards,
N/A

This is the run down I had:
Previous Line Speed: 1MB
Day and Speed

1 = 4MB-5MB
2 = 4MB-5MB
3 = 4MB-5MB
4 = 512k
5 = 1MB
6 = 1MB
7 = 512k
8 = 1MB
9 = 2MB
10 = 2MB

And I am on the 10th day now, left with 2MB and Interleaving. But day 1-3 I had 4-5MB with Fastpath. Now I have no idea if it will sort its head out or not by Monday but I have already put a ticket in for Interleaving to be switched off, I just hope it happens sooner rather than later.

I agree Jamie that it is very annoying but their really is not much anybody but BT can do and not even they seem to know what to do. I guess we are all in the same boat until all the issues have been ironed out completely.

Although you should be aware that the longer into the 10 days you get the more stable speeds you will see. They may not be great but it will most likely get better. Wink

Cheesy

I am on my 5th week mate

Date Speed Achieved (kbps)
07-05-2006 17:01:01 519.5
07-05-2006 16:50:21 488.4
07-05-2006 15:56:18 505.2
07-05-2006 15:41:13 483.7
07-05-2006 15:31:26 502.6
07-05-2006 15:30:54 500.5
07-05-2006 15:30:20 491.5
05-05-2006 16:16:59 479
05-05-2006 16:15:40 422.4
05-05-2006 10:56:01 126.7
04-05-2006 12:07:12 0
04-05-2006 12:06:49 0
04-05-2006 11:56:57 135.2
02-05-2006 21:28:53 0
02-05-2006 18:09:11 0
02-05-2006 16:45:48 0
02-05-2006 15:23:04 0
01-05-2006 14:32:54 0
29-04-2006 10:14:59 0
29-04-2006 10:14:38 0
N/A

Maybe a member of PNs staff could tell us what day you are actually on as week 5 seems either wrong or highly excessive.

But your account was being managed due to over-usage (so your other thread read), so those results may of been effected by that?
N/A

Maybe a member of PNs staff could tell us what day you are actually on as week 5 seems either wrong or highly excessive.

But your account was being managed due to over-usage (so your other thread read), so those results may of been effected by that?

Hi mate I was told that 8mb service would be working on are last billing date. which for me was the 5th of April. and I did see some slight increase just after that date.

so now I am on my 5th week of when I connected to 8mb.

yes you are right I had usage problems but my account was reset a few days a go and I am still getting crappy speeds, even after 12 at night when there shouldnt be any limits.

by the way all the information I have listed has all come from PN telephone support, which I sopose could be taken just as much as asking a local pist tramp on the street for help

Cheesy
N/A

Phearfactor,

I am in the same boat. I was on a nice steady sync of 5408 with SNR of 6 - 8 then woke today to find it had lost connectiona nd interleaving was on my line.

I have asked for it to be removed and have been advised it should generally take 5 - 7 days.

We will have to wait and see.
N/A

I have asked for it to be removed and have been advised it should generally take 5 - 7 days..

Off-topic

Ah, my ticket hasnt even been replied to yet - should I be worrying about that tom?

Also would I be right in saying your using the D-Link G604T? Because I am on the same modem, beginning to wonder if this beast has an issue Interleaving as really the line should be identical with either path mode.

On-topic

I think it is more likely that you have just been upgraded in the last several days, even though your product change last month the upgrade did not commence at this date.