cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my god-now they want to cut my landline !

N/A

new customer - moved broadband and line rent to plusnet - not happy so broadband goes to bt on monday. plusnet are now saying they will pull the plug on my landline and cut it off from monday before i get chance to move it. another provider needs 10 days to take it over.

this is just horribly vindictive and losing my phone line for 2 weeks will have awful consequences. i have offered to pay plusnet anything not to cut my landline

i got an email from them today suggesting i recommend them to a friend...

i cant believe they can do this to force you to stay with them - i feel like i am dealing with a company in moscow not the uk

can anyone help me ?
5 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Hopefully, James will spot this thread shortly...

According to the Home Phone FAQ, "The Home Phone service is available to PlusNet customers on consumer broadband products." and "39. Can I move my broadband to another provider and keep my calls package?
No, you need to be a PlusNet broadband customer to benefit from our Home Phone packages." so if you are migrating away I guess you can no longer use the Home Phone package.

However, it would make more sense to me if PlusNet considered this when issuing MAC keys and made customers aware if they have the WLR product that they will need to make arrangements to transfer that to another supplier before they are issued with the MAC key.
James
Grafter

According to your ticket, you haven't actually cancelled your service, or migrated to a different service provider. If you were to do so, you would need to move your telephone service to the new supplier prior to migrating your ADSL service.

As Colin has rightly pointed out, you are unable to use our phone service with a differewnt broadband supplier.
James
Grafter

I've just been speaking to the guy that specced our Home Phone product. Basically, as long as we can see that you have instigated a transfer to a different phone supplier prior to your migration completing, then we will not cease the service.
N/A

threat of disconnection

my mac key was received a week ago and bt said the broadband would move to them in 7 days-that is next monday....27th november

I am really scared that plusnet will cut my landline because other suppliers say it takes 14 days to take it over. This is absolutely frightful and I had no idea that my landline was in danger of disconnection when plusnet gave me the mac number for moving the broadband...

if i lose my line for 2 weeks the consequences to my family will be just awful

i cant believe that something so awful can happen due to some obscure clause hidden in the small print...

this really is total dispair and catch 22. I cant put an order on with another supplier for line rental because i have a broadband order live with bt and when bt go live, plusnet are waiting to pounce and punish me with land line disconnection.. how this fits with the 'trial period' offer i just cant imagine...

when all this horror is over, i feel like spending the next three months writing to the european consumer affairs dept in brussels and my mp and oftel and the newspapers and going to the small claims court too...i am so aghast at it all and what can happen to someone who takes up the trial offer with plusnet..

my wife is american and i spend so much time telling her how honourable and reasonable business is in the uk as compared to the sharks in the usa...looks like i will have to eat my words - and then some....

oh dear what an awfulcatch 22 mess

alan
N/A

reply crossed

james' reply crossed with my post... a new supplier will not take an order for landline while the bt broadband order is pending... i cant start an order with another landline supplier today . i am stuck