cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple domains

N/A

multiple domains

Right, i now have multiple domains hosted with plusnet, how do i manage these over ftp, what i thought was to make two folders & go into my domain settings setting each domain to a default directory such as /htdocs/site1 & the other to /htdocs/site2.
Although now i have moved all my files from site1 to its new directory it just shows my default index & folders when i call it up, site2 the new one doesnt show at all?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

multiple domains

Are we talking about your homepages (www) webspace or ccgi.

If www, both sites are on the same webspace under htdocs. When you connect via FTP you get to your root folder which contains several folders like logs & htdocs. You just have to go the the htdocs/site1 or htdocs/site2 folder then upload your files.

Did you setup each domain to point the the relevant folder under domain names admin panel? For each domain, click on configure and specify a folder that domain should point to.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

multiple domains

Sorry to jump into this thread but I have just ftp'd into my new website which is www.username.co.uk and all the files are the same as www.username.plus.com
Also went straight to www.username.plus.com and it is identical to www.username.co.uk
So I am now totally confused
Edit
I have created a new folder as suggested and set up the domain records like this but it still doesn't work
N/A

multiple domains

Sounds like hotlane has the same situation as me.
Although now ive looked my site1 has now started working but still no site2.
This maybe as site2 has only just been setup though & needs the 12 hours to upload fullyHuh?
Anyone confirm this?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

multiple domains

Yeah, if you make a change to a domain it will generally take around 4 hours to take effect as that's how often the zone file is reloaded on the nameservers.
Community Veteran

multiple domains

and sometimes longer, I suggest waiting at least 24 hours and if its still not correct, raise a ticket.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

multiple domains

All OK now thanks - perhaps something should be added to the page saying that it doesn't happen immediately