cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving to another isp

N/A

moving to another isp

hi all! , ive been with plusnet for a couple of months now and it has been ok'ish so far, i play alot of online games , counter-strike, bf2 etc etc. and i get very high latency , between 45-50ms , before i moved to plus net i was on bt broadband getting 25-30 ms. as far as i'm aware im on a 12 month contract, is there anyway i can get out of this to move to another isp ? and can anyone reccomend me a good isp for downloading and gaming with no bandwith caps.

Cheers
15 REPLIES
N/A

moving to another isp

Hi quinndavid

Unfortunately, as you are in a 12 month contract - the only way to be released from the contract is to pay up the remainder of it. For example, if you are 4 months into a 12 month BB+ 2mb contract, you will have to make a payment of £119.92 before you will be allowed to migrate away...

I would probrably recommend either Zen or f2s for the high bandwidth user, however I am reluctant to suggest any more migration towards Zen, as I would hate to see them become a victim of their own sucess by overloading their network.
N/A

moving to another isp

As far as i know the only other ways are

Through price increases.
Through changes to terms and conditions.
Being asked to leave through sustainable usage policy.

Please note though that if any of the above qualify for an early release of contract you will be informed by Plusnet of your options to terminate.
N/A

moving to another isp

hi i didnt want to start a new thread, im a new customer and im 28 days into my contract. i remeber some1 saying that there is a 45 day trial period? i cant quite find it , so can any1 confirm this to me so i can think about moving.
i guess i will have to pay the activation charge.
i thought the sustanable usage idea was kinda clever since i havent been on the recieving end of it. but then today from 10 30am which arent peek times i cant even load web pages :S so im thinking maybe i'll move out b4 im stuck in.
did speed test etc and 800kbps when its around 1960 normally :/
but i cant load web pages!!!! or play CS Evil which is the main problem Shockedops:
N/A

moving to another isp

this is the link to the 45 guarantee.
http://www.plus.net/features/customer_guarantee.shtml?link=residential_guarantee

hope this helps
N/A

moving to another isp

yeah thanks alot. im one of those heavy user who download loads of anime and stuff. im just wondering which ones are good. been looking at freedom2surf. i noticed alot of people are moving from PN to F2S if any of u are reading this. Hows it like?
i d/l 100 gigs abouts
and just did another speed test 357.6 :shock:
ps when doing speed tests im not downloading or doing anything
N/A

moving to another isp

hmm.. its annoying playing a game with a 45 -50 ping when it should be 25-30, anything the plusnet people can do to resolve this ? , by the way i live in northern ireland
N/A

moving to another isp

and just did another speed test 357.6 :shock:

I always get around 450..useless

With regards to the activation fee: that is not covered by the guarantee. You'll have to cough it up if you want to leave.

I'll have to pay 71 quid. Interestingly, I received an answer to my MAC request telling me that I had to pay that amount and asking me how I wished to proceed. Apparently, PN is well aware that customers understand the terms in a different way....

So much for "With nothing to lose, why not try us today?"
Ben_Brown
Grafter

moving to another isp

Are these BT Speedtest results? If so we really need to look into this a bit further.
N/A

moving to another isp

by the way i live in northern ireland

Hi,

A bit OT,

Whilst our pings are generally higher than our mainland buddies, pings in excess of 32ms are not the norm.

here are my pings to bbc.co.uk

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\mark.PCSNI>ping bbc.co.uk

Pinging bbc.co.uk [212.58.224.131] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 212.58.224.131: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=120
Reply from 212.58.224.131: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=120
Reply from 212.58.224.131: bytes=32 time=29ms TTL=120
Reply from 212.58.224.131: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=120

Ping statistics for 212.58.224.131:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 29ms, Maximum = 32ms, Average = 30ms

Those would be about average for us.

Have you checked to see if your exchange is having any problems?
N/A

moving to another isp

Is the offer to get your MAC for free because of the introduction of sustainable usage policy still available, i've just been introduced to BE, 24mbps and unlimited download/upload so i'd like to leave but i'm on a yearly contract...
N/A

moving to another isp

As far as i know the get out free offer was for changes to the terms and conditions not for the SUP and that door closed on 16th september.
Sorry.
N/A

moving to another isp

Hi

Just moved to F2S and can still post here

Huge difference in speeds...

28-09-2005 18:06:07 1928.7 F2S
10-07-2005 23:32:50 1170.7
10-07-2005 23:32:16 1235.5

From my recent Plus net speed test

No more dropped packets either

Cheers

Simon Wink
N/A

moving to another isp

freedom2surf seems good but i was told that eclipse maybe better even though they cost more. good luck to those who can handle the throttling. and the speed tests that i did were all from the plusnet connection settings
back to 1 meg now but counter strike , still laggin :@ Sad and a deferred cost for the FREE activation fee is not really FREE. i wonder is that mis representation? any lawyers out there!!!Huh?
Firejack
Grafter

moving to another isp

A webpage worth checking if you are getting slow download speeds is http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ . Plug in your details and it will show your exchange. I was doing all sorts of speed tests only to find my exchange was over capacity and that is why I'm only seeing 375Kbps right now :roll:

BT's fault. Really wish there was another supplier for broadband in my area so I could shop around instead of being stuck on BT products only Sad