cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving house

N/A

moving house

What is the best way to go about moving my broadband to my new house? Do I need to speek to BT fist to find out what the new number will be? At what point do I need to tell PN that I am moving, before the move day or once I am in the new house?

I have looked in to simultaneous provide orders but they seem like an accidnet waiting to happen so am happy to do it the standard way, whatever that is.
4 REPLIES
N/A

moving house

Also, forgot to ask:

What happens to my PN mailboxes and webspace during the move? Does my PN account stay active throughout with access via dialup?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

moving house

Hi,

If you aren't going down the Sim order route then you need to speak to BT Retail first to move the voice service.

Then you need to place a request to move the broadband, this can be done via the portal using the Move my ADSL button in Account Details.

If you are keeping the same number then it's best to place the request to move about 7-10 days before the number is moved, if you are getting a new number then we can't place the order at the new property until the voice line is active, in which case place the order once that's been done.

The account will stay active and no change will be made to your webspace and these can be accessed via dial-up.
N/A

moving house

Thanks for that.

As I cannot take my number with me I guess I need to cancel my broadband on the day I move out then use your 'moving tool' once I am in the new place with an active line?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

moving house

Hi,

The Move My ADSL tool will do both, i.e. cancel the service at the old property and activate it at the new one. Unless there's going to be a gap of more than a few days between the day you move out and the new number being activated then just place the request on the day the new line is activated.