cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving house woes

N/A

moving house woes

moving house is a pain in most cases but i would never have thought moving adsl would be the same. i tried to do it with the portal only to be told there is an error so i phoned CS, this is the 24th june and was told by them they could do it over the phone but i would have to pay £5.88 for some reason? so i do that and think well that aint too bad and he said cos i have the phone activated at the new house it would only take 5-7 days.
I then get told via ticket that it will take 2-3 weeks. I could accept that also, but on monday 4th july i thought id have a look again at the ticket to see if there was any update and it turns out +net didnt even instigate the cease/provide til late on monday june 27th and then it was a further 2 days and i got told that my line would cease today and that the new activation process would start at 9am on wednesday 6th july.
I raised a new ticket to find out exactly what was happening and it still hasnt been answered yet even though the time it was taking to answer tickets was 5 hours (if that is working). This is terrible service as i keep getting told it was going to be complete on a certain day and then i get told something totally different by someone else. I imagine the average plusnet employee must last about a week before messing up etc cos this seems to happen a lot. Do you have any staff left in the CS? i know many companies wouldnt put up with this sort of behaviour from their staff. Is this the standard for for moving adsl ? or just the standard for plusnet as it took over a month to first activate my broadband!
11 REPLIES
N/A

moving house woes

Right now, your order still appears to be on target based on the dates you have provided.

The 24th was a Friday, and the 27th a Monday. it is very easily possible that the depertment responsible for the request you submitted do not work weekends, thus unable to deal with your request.

Week 1 : 1st July
Week 2 : 8th July
Week 3 : 15th July

If your order is submitted to BT tomorrow, it is very likely possible that you will be activated before the 15th.

That is however provided the BT database is upto date by tomorrow
N/A

moving house woes

The whole point is that PN should keep you informed - if there is nobody in the department why not update the ticket to say so - how long does it take - 15 to 30 seconds - And this could be done in the quiet times (i.e after midnight and before 8 am). Sorry to me all points to bad CS.

I am getting more and more frustrated with my own tickets not getting responses. PN needs to update them regular even if ther is no news,- it shows they are actually monitoring and doing something.
N/A

moving house woes

the point i was getting at is the fact im being told one thing by one person and then another via the ticket. and i called on friday but i received a ticket on monday at 6:39 pm. was that when the request went through? if so why did it take so much time?
N/A

moving house woes

The whole point is that PN should keep you informed - if there is nobody in the department why not update the ticket to say so - how long does it take - 15 to 30 seconds

To you maybe.

But remember, there are only X CS agents to Y customer tickets.

What your asking is that PlusNet increase there loads by generating such messages, to the detiment of tickets that can be answered by CS agents.

I agree, customers should be kept informed, but then others shouldn't be made to suffer at the hands of informing customers what isn't going to help them in the short term anyhow.

Aquian.

Please bear in mind, that only you can see your tickets and as such, need to explain to us what your problem is.

Based on what you have posted, all would appear normal. I am not saying that it is normal, but that you are not posting what you find at fault nd including the information to show this.
N/A

moving house woes

the point i was getting at is the fact im being told one thing by one person and then another via the ticket. and i called on friday but i received a ticket on monday at 6:39 pm. was that when the request went through? if so why did it take so much time?

I thought i would highlight it so you can see it properly. but to explain myself further. when i called because i couldnt use the portal to do the changes i was asked if i would pay £5.88 which i didnt mind. i then went through the changes and the person on the phone said that would be done. i didnt realise he meant that would be done at 6:30pm on monday which is roughly 3 days after i called. i would like to know why the delay in simple terms as this has meant my adsl has taken longer than it actually should have. as you said it should take 3 weeks:

Week 1 : 1st July
Week 2 : 8th July
Week 3 : 15th July

you times are a tad off by a few days but it still took 5 days from when i phoned from the actual cease and provide to be initiated. I imagine no one on these forums would like to place an order for anything and for it to be forgetten for 5 days.
N/A

moving house woes

If the matters were dealt with promptly in the first place most of the additional work disappears. It is why i suggested the updates were done at quiet times.

I realise there are x numbers of CS agents, so this needs to be increased as the number of customers increases (after all part of our monthly payment pays the wages of staff.
N/A

moving house woes

I do appologise, indeed, my dates are all shifted forward by 1 day.

However, even with a 3week date of the 14th, you should still in theory be activated or at the very least know your activation date by this time.
N/A

moving house woes

yet still my question is not answered.

im being told one thing by one personn on the phone and then another via the ticket

why is this? and why did it take til monday to process the cease and provide?
N/A

moving house woes

Again, only you can see your tickets. What you have posted seems to show that everything is in place.

The CS agent has told you they can process it over the phone which they have done. They have started the ball rolling.

What we are not privy too based on your post so far, is actualy how much the CS agent said would be done on the phone.

Please don't have a go at me as if I can do anything to fix it. please also refrain from shouting at me, when I can only base my response based on the information you have provided, or lack thereof.
N/A

moving house woes

Probably because the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

My own opnion here but............ The CS staff are empowered to make most decisions themselves (i.e not a tradional Manager, supervisor, staff structure). Therefore indviduals are free to use thier own abilities and to a degree decide the answers individually... this is one of the big downfalls of such a structure.

In a tradional structure , there is generally more accountability and a more rigid approach as the manager and supervisor monitior, control and allocate workloads accordingly and often make the bigger decsions and overule the more junior members of staff. Often on a helpdesk/service desk you have a call coordinator who routes all the tickets/calls and decides who should deal with them.

That is why I believe you get conflicting answers and why some tickets seem to hang around longer than others.
N/A

moving house woes

Again, only you can see your tickets. What you have posted seems to show that everything is in place.

The CS agent has told you they can process it over the phone which they have done. They have started the ball rolling.

What we are not privy too based on your post so far, is actualy how much the CS agent said would be done on the phone.

Please don't have a go at me as if I can do anything to fix it. please also refrain from shouting at me, when I can only base my response based on the information you have provided, or lack thereof.

as i have said i have no problem of how long it takes to get adsl switched. i would like to know the reasons why it didnt go through straight away on the friday. i would also like to know why i am told one thing on the phone and then there is something else put in the ticket. i am not shouting at anyone, i did think shouting was only in caps but i maybe wrong. i am trying to get an answer to my question, if you cant answer it then that is fine i am not expecting an answer from you. Thanks for trying to help though Smiley