cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving house query

N/A

moving house query

Am currently in the middle of moving house.

BT are set to move our phone service to the new property on 3rd July and I've been given the phone number we're 99% certain on having.

Does anyone know how this works with moving my F9 service. BT say they won't move F9 service (despite the fact they now own plusnet!), but what I can't figure out is when I'm able to order the F9 move?

Can it be activated on the same day as the line goes live, or can I only place the move order after the line has gone live?

I couldn't figure out where to go with this on the Help Assistant, so I've come here.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris.
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

moving house query

Hi Chris,

There's two ways to move the broadband, the normal way and the simultaneous way.

The normal way we need to wait until the new voice line is active at the new property before we can start the process to activate the new line, although we can start the process before then.

To do this you can use the Move My ADSL tool under Account Details on the left.

The other way is the sim order route where we can try and activate both broadband and phone at the same time. This isn't 100% reliable and depends on two factors, enough time and placing the orders in the right sequence.

For a sim order we need at least 10 days notice plus you need a reference number from us to give to BT before placing the order to move the voice service. If you've already placed the voice order then the sim order won't work unless you cancel it and re-order after contacting us for the reference which you can do via the help assistant.
N/A

moving house query

Dave.

Thanks for your help.

I've already placed the order with BT and will stick with that - so will go with the Move My ADSL tool.

A couple of questions...

although we can start the process before then

When can this process be started then? Obviously I want to be with service as soon as possible after the line is active (3rd July). And how do I go about kicking off the move process early if the line isn't active right now? All I have is a prospective phone number (and obviously address, post code, etc) which they say is 99% definite.

Essentially, BT have said that the line is connected to another provider (the Post Office) and won't be active until 3rd July as a result.

Hope what I've written makes sense and thanks again for your help.

Chris.
N/A

moving house query

Could someone answer my queries, above, please.

Thanks in advance,

Chris.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

moving house query

If you were keeping the same phone number I would say start the move process a week before you move because we need to cancel the service on the old line before we can place the order on the new.

As you are getting a new number we therefore don't need to place the cease at the old line in advance because the activation at the new property can be done without the old being ceased in advance.

We can't though place the order until the new line is active, if we place the order early it would just get rejected. As such the way to do this is to place the order on the day that the new line is active and you are 100% sure of the number.