cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving house, £65???

N/A

moving house, £65???

Why is it that if i am a new customer i can join for free yet as a long term existing customer i have to pay £65 just to move my internet?

i am tempted to cancel it and just resign up at my new address.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

moving house, £65???

If you are outside your 12 months, cancelling and resigning up is the way to go - however you may not get your same username and email address etc... And you'll be tied in to that 5 year deffered payback. - swings and roundabouts
Alecto
Grafter

moving house, £65???

Unless Plusnet have changed something without announcing it, existing customers can move for free on the same terms new customers can join for free.
I got the following email:

Service: Other
Posted: Fri, May 06 2005 at 18:40:11
Subject: Plusnet Introduce Free Reprovides

We recognise that moving house can be an expensive business and the last thing you need
is to have to think about having to pay to move your broadband.

To give you a helping hand, we've introduced a 'Free Reprovide' option for existing
customers, for when you need to move house or business premises.

This new opportunity for existing customers is available now along with our current
instant-payment option, giving you the freedom to choose how you want to pay.

This new option works in the same way as the Free Activation offer does for new broadband
customers. You can view the details of this offer here:-

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/bbpremier_freesetup.shtml

Remember, it's the simplest way of getting broadband in your new home. You don't have to
change your email address or wait longer than necessary to be activated with another
provider - We'll ensure your broadband move is as smooth as possible. No mess no fuss, we
just make it easy.

If you're moving house or business premises, take your Plusnet broadband with you by
raising a support request via Contact Us: -

http://contactus.plus.net
N/A

moving house, £65???

odd, it wanted to charge me £65..well, thats cheered me up Cheesy
thanks!
Alecto
Grafter

moving house, £65???

yes you need to ring them up. I don't think the portal's been updated yet Cool
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

moving house, £65???

Hi,

There is an option to move house for free (this works in exactly the same was as the activations). If you call the support team or raise a ticket we can arrange it for you.