cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving home

timps
Grafter

moving home

it would be really nice if someone at plusnet could take a look at question number 19468418 and pass comment on the inordinate delay in moving my adsl...much in eccess of other unfortunates here.
i am now in the position of feeling compelled to seek a service elsewhwere as plusnet appear incapable of completng my order OR to give me a clear consistent explanation of the problem

sad and disillusioned

timps
11 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

moving home

Hi,

I'm sorry about delay here. Looking at the ticket one of my colleagues has added an update as to what's going wrong, it looks like BT Wholesale have had a system error on their side which has caused the order to wrong for some reason. Because of the way that's it's gone wrong they've decided the quickest and simplest thing to do is just start again, close of the failed order and issue a new one and try and get it done as soon as they can. As soon as we get another update we'll add it to the ticket.
N/A

moving home

Sorry to be a cynic Timps but I was given that excuse (or something similar) back in February/March this year when I moved. It took just under FOUR weeks to finally get connected, and this was after the "support" person on the phone from PN called me an idiot for keeping my old telephone number (surprise surprise when I called back to complain, there was no record of this call)

Don't bother moving elsewhere and cancelling your direct debit as I have just discovered that they just HELP THEMSELVES to money from your switch card instead (can you believe it??!!) I have been e-mailing since 26th of JUNE and not been using services since 15th July (not even a landline connected) I get no response from PN

I've had no choice but to go to Watchdog in the end but I will also be off to trading standards shortly.

I just wanted to warn you so you are FULLY aware of the consequences of cancelling (Apparently it's in the terms and conditions but they will not send me links or copies of these depsite my requests)

Good luck and I hope things get sorted for you,
Dangles.
timps
Grafter

moving home

Thank you for replying dave tomlinson....but ... i don't want an update..i want my connection...i don't want anyone to "try" i want it to happen...you know how long i have been waiting and how many different stories i've been told...if you've taken the trouble to read the history going back to late may 2006
if this not resolved in the next couple of days i will expect an immediate opportunity to cancel without any further charge as you have clearly failed to provide me with a product or complete my order

timps
timps
Grafter

moving home

thx dangles..and yes i share your cynicism...this is the 5th reason for delay i've been given over the last 6 weeks...yes 6 weeks.
i hate having to trawl around this forum winging..but when i have a broadband connection i have better things to do. can't believe the amount of discontent here seems i am only one of many surely a sign of a failing company...they've certainly failed me
Timps
apoorvadixit

moving home

Sorry to be a cynic Timps but I was given that excuse (or something similar) back in February/March this year when I moved. It took just under FOUR weeks to finally get connected, and this was after the "support" person on the phone from PN called me an idiot for keeping my old telephone number (surprise surprise when I called back to complain, there was no record of this call)

Don't bother moving elsewhere and cancelling your direct debit as I have just discovered that they just HELP THEMSELVES to money from your switch card instead (can you believe it??!!) I have been e-mailing since 26th of JUNE and not been using services since 15th July (not even a landline connected) I get no response from PN

I've had no choice but to go to Watchdog in the end but I will also be off to trading standards shortly.

I just wanted to warn you so you are FULLY aware of the consequences of cancelling (Apparently it's in the terms and conditions but they will not send me links or copies of these depsite my requests)

Good luck and I hope things get sorted for you,
Dangles.

This is exactly the case with my move.
I have decided to keep the same telephone number and Iit has been 4 weeks now and no sign of broadband.
I am also thinking of going to the watchdog and CISAS.
What was your experience Dangles?

Apoorva
N/A

moving home

4 weeks? Try 6...

I'm fed up of being ignored by Plusnet customer service.

Also considering Watchdog, Ofcom and anybody else I can think of.

They probs won't listen either but I bet I get a reply quicker than Plusnet's
N/A

moving home

Hi all,
am waiting for Watchdog to get back, but my main concern is that they helped themselves to money from my account using my switch card - and apparently my bank can't do anhything cos I gave them details in the past for something else.
The really tragic thing is that I had been replying by e-mail (d'oh) so they had not seen all my responses!
Anyways, I cancelled my service, stopped the Direct Debit (thinking it was all going ahead thinking they were simply ignoring me) but turns out they just took from my switch instead without asking me for authorisation. So beware people - they even had the slimy, cheeky filthy audacity to send me an e-mail congratulating me on the fact they had stolen money from my account.
I am now waiting for this to be resolved and the matter closed but sadly it means they have already taken 14.99 from the measly 108 pounds I week I get to live on for myself and my newborn baby (due in 5 days) - I hope the owner sees this and realises what scummy actions are carried in Plus Net's name. That's my ONLY income to buy nappies, milk, food bills etc etc and I don't even LIVE at the address where they used to provide the broadband - the telephone was cancelled on 15th of July so I'd LOVE to know what exactly they are charging this for??!!!!!!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

moving home

@dangleberry,

I think you're being a little harsh here. Admittedly you may not have been expecting monies to be taken from your Switch card but had it not been there you would have failed to make payment and then been in debt to us.

Cancelling your Direct Debit and cancelling your account are not the same thing.

You have requested cancellation and we have advised you what needs to be done to ensure this happens. There isn't much more we can do. The ball's in your court at the moment.

If you have any questions regarding the cancellation then I'd be happy to help.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

timps
Grafter

moving home

Bob pullen am i being harsh expecting action within 6 weeks HuhHuh
see question 19468418 in total including all the different reasons and excuses i have given strangely BOT being busy hasn't been one of them
timps
N/A

moving home

No I am NOT being harsh - how DARE you suggest that I should not be unhappy with you helping yourselves to money from my switch card without my authorisation. You would not like it if you went to tesco, bought some goods and had them take money later on down the line simply cos they had your details.
As far as I am concerned, Plus Net are scum.
The only good thing out of this is that for every penny you take from me, you are losing from every customer I put off Plus Net (and guess what? It turns out a couple of my family members turned out to be plus net customers - wave BYE BYE to those)

I can't WAIT to see the downfall of filthy, leeching, blood-sucking con-merchants like Plus Net. Companies this bad can't last forever and it will be a happy day when retribution comes Plus Net's way!
And just think, when that happens, you get the chance to redeem yourself by working elsewhere, may I suggest charity work so that you can fully give back to society what you have taken by working for the likes of PN?

Evil
N/A

moving home

I got sick of waiting for my connection to be sorted and have gone to Zen Broadband. I suggest everyone else to do the same

Plusnet - Can't wait for Campbell to knock at your door......