cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving broabdnad to another house:?

brettking24
Grafter

Hi im moving into a differnt house a week on monday so will needto get my broadband switched to the new address,how do i go about this?anyone got a link?cheers
9 REPLIES
brettking24
Grafter

woops

i ment broadband
Community Veteran

Start in Help and support and follow the options to move my broadband.

You may have left it a bit late though if your moving next week.
brettking24
Grafter

ok

one option has a £58 charge whats that for?

also im notsure when i want to turn miy bb of to make the switch to the new address,ither way i will be with out broadband for a few days Sad
shellsong
Grafter

Up front activation charge for the new property I believe-- otherwise you can defer the charge with 20% being paid off by PN at the end of each year over a five year period
brettking24
Grafter

not to sure then

so are you saying if i go for the cheap option where i just pay under £5 i will be tied to a five year contract?
JonathanW
Grafter

Its not a contract as such, you can leave before the end of the five years. However, depending on when you choose to leave you will have to pay at least part of the reprovide fee.
brettking24
Grafter

ok but...

ok but i think my contract is up in a month or so,it might be worth me leaving plusnet to avoid this fee and go with another isp
N/A

Yes, go with that option.
N/A

If you are moving to a new property, I would investigate the possibility of cable broadband.
I just signed up with NTL. It took them 6 days from order to install and there were no sign-up charges or activation fees. They even supply the modem, all you need to do is buy a router if you want one.
It costs £25 a month for a 4Mb service, which compares well to ADSL, and you don't need to worry who is going to fix it when it goes wrong as the whole network belongs to one company.