cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving (again!) should this worry me?

fatdeeman
Grafter

I used the house move tool and after a false start because my new line wasn't showing as active I got a message saying the broadband reprovide had been initiated sucessfully but when I logged on to the website the question had been reopened and had the following entries:

***Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 10:22pm, Thursday 12th July 2007
The provide for this house move was submitted and accepted by the supplier. The requested date is 20/07/2007

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 10:22pm, Thursday 12th July 2007
The cease for this house move was rejected. Reason: Pre Order Check Request Rejected, The Asset could not be found***

Should I be worried about the second one?

Nobody has explained or updated the ticked yet so I have no idea of the implications.
29 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

It's the cease that's been rejected (at your old address) so this won't affect the provision of service at the new place.

Have BT cancelled the line at the old address yet? If so when?
fatdeeman
Grafter

Well I called bt on the 11th and they transferred the phoneline the same day so I suppose they cancelled it then.

As long as it doesn't affect anything on my side i'm happy Smiley

Shouldn't take long either, only took 48 hours last time! must have something to do with the small valley I live in having it's own exchange and a low workload I guess.

Thanks for answering so promptly!
Mand
Grafter

The ticket is with our BOT team, they will need to contact BT on Monday to sort the cease out, but as I said this will not affect your new provide so is not really anything for you to worry about. Smiley
fatdeeman
Grafter

Ok just waiting now...

One thing I have noticed is that this house has the really old pre nte5 master socket, I've heard this can result in poor speeds, does anyone know if this is true or not?

I'm about 300 meters from the exchange and my mum in law who lives 5 houses down the street get's 7.5 meg even with an old speedtouch 330 modem but i know that she has the newer type of master socket.

Anyone know anything about this?

cheers.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

If there are no other phone extensions in the house it will have no effect.
If you want to add extensions then changing to the new socket would be a big advantage
fatdeeman
Grafter

There's one extension coming out of the master socket to upstairs, looks like a diy job too as the socket only has one screw left in the face plate :?

I'll have to check upstairs to see what else is going on, seriously this house is a cable nightmare, looks like a complete idiot has been at it, there's 6 cables coming out of the wall behind the tv alone!

I'll see how it goes and if I get bad speed I can always take the extension out of the socket for a start and see if that helps.

Is it difficult to fit an nte5 or is it something to leave to bt?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

replacing the master socket yourself isn't too difficult but it is illegal
fatdeeman
Grafter

lol

And of course you would never encourage such criminal activity!
fatdeeman
Grafter

Actually I'm sure I read about someone getting a fine for doing that once and also bt refused to carry on providing his service!

I wonder if there's any way I can get bt to change it for free on the grounds that it's outdated and past it's life expectancy....
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

If it's 'damaged' you might get BT to replace it for you, especially if it's affecting the voice side of things as well. Wink
SCookie
Grafter

This thing that I notice is that you were told
The cease for this house move was rejected. Reason: Pre Order Check Request Rejected, The Asset could not be found

How are customers expected to understand this type of language? This is evidence of an inward focussed company rather than one that is focussed on its customers.

I too have moved house, and am still waiting for my Home Phone to be moved (let alone BB). I get my questions answered by the BOT. Anyone know what the BOT is? How is a customer expected to know PN internal terminology?
Liam
Grafter

I apologise for the confusion that could be caused by those tickets. They are primarily designed for our support agents to use for refernece.

However, we belive in providing customers access to as much information as we can, so we've built our system such that customers can see all internal comments and tickets.

BOT is our Broadband Operations Team. They are the guys that deal with Provisioning issues and supplier-logged faults.
fatdeeman
Grafter

Well I was due to be up and running today but instead I got an email informing me that the cease is now due on the 25th and that the provide cannot be ordered until the cease is completed.

This confuses me as I was told the provide order had already been sucessfully placed and that the cease side of things would not affect it anyway....

Anyone have any ideas? I would just like to know exactly what's happening.

Cheers!
fatdeeman
Grafter

anyone?