cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move adsl between lines...

N/A

hi all
can you help with a query. our business is in two buildings. ADSL is in one building at present, but we need it to be in the other. Can we put a new PSTN line in the other and 'move' the account over (keeping all settings/IP's etc??) Are any costs involved in doing this ??
cheers
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yes you can but it means a cease & reprivide which involves a new activation charge from BT. There may also be some downtime, possibly several weeks if you are unlucky. You do need to have the other line installed before you can move ADSL to it.

Basically you will be performing a move my adsl so look up the info under Account Details.
N/A

Couldn't you install the new PSTN line and then use the Plusnet CLI feature where you can put in another phone number and you can "dial up" from that line?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Doesn't work like that for ADSL - the line has to be set up for ADSL at the exchange.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

ADSL has to be activated for your line by BT.

Judging by your situation the best thing would be to get the new line installed and then initiate the move process. As the order to cease your old line and the order to provide your new line both take 7 days this should mean you suffer no or very little loss of service.
N/A

thanks for all your views!
so, basically if i understand this right, i first need to get a pstn line installed in new place and make sure it's active, then initiate a move to this new number from the old one. all settings inc IP's etc should come over?
is the old one de-activated and the new one activated about the same time - paranoid about going without for a while!!!
Community Veteran

As this is a business connection, I guess that downtime is a bigger issue than cost.

Why not open a new account for the new building, and then you can make sure that it is up and running and stable. Before switching things over.

Also I understand that it may be possible to login at the new building using your old ADSL account details providing both are with Plus.Net.

If your business is retailing both buildings will you not require ADSL at both premises? For example to run a VPN between them.

Chilly