cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monthly contract...not so monthly?

N/A

when i signed up i chose premier at 21.99. it then said to choose a contract. as i didnt want lumped for a year, i choose the monthly contract which stated £11.75 "one off payment" and activation included. but now i notice if i do decide to leave within a year i'll get charged £47 for activation and then £25 for the modem, a modem advertised as free which i decided to get incase my own supplied router died at any point.

whats monthly about that? im at uni and will likely be here and pay up until month 11. even if i left it and paid month 12 it wont make much difference as i'll get charged even if i decide to leave then. i thought the idea of a monthly contract was that you paid month by month and that was the end of it especially given the wordings "one off payment" and "activation included". isnt really monthly if you are forced to stay for years or face all these charges.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Your contract is indeed monthly.

If you where to leave early on an annual contract, you would also need to pay the monthly charge, for however many months remaining of your contract.

The free equipment and activation come with there own conditions, which you are linked to prior to entering the ordering system.

I am not sure which product your on, but the information is pretty consistent between accounts. HERE is the detail on the Broadband Plus offer.
N/A

seems "well worded" enough to trick people in my opinion.

i notice PN do a 45 day guarantee type thing. might have to take them up on that...although if current form is anything to go by i'll get charged for that too.

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Full quote of post directly preceding this one removed as it's unnecessary]
N/A

You can indeed leave under the 45 day gurentee, but you would still need to repay the activation and hardware fee's.

Under consumer law, the customer can leave within a certain period (the 45 days is just an extention of this iirc).

However, charges for services already provided and incured for payment to 3rd parties are exempt. IE, things like posting you the modem, the activation charge and however many months payment you have already made.

These are not recoverable by yourself, and in cases where you have not yet payed them, you will need to repay them.

As such, you will still need to pay for the activation, which is a service that has already taken place.
N/A

so much for "no risks! no commitments!" as in the image for this guarantee.

perhaps it should be amended with (apart from the £72 of charges). sounds very much like a commitment to me. a commitment to pay these charges masked under interesting wording.

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Full quote of post directly preceding this one removed as it's unnecessary]