cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing e-mails Still

Community Veteran

missing e-mails Still

I have just discovered that someone resigned from one the commitees on which i sit, via e-mail during the e-mail fiasco.

Not replying to them asap at the time did not look good at all. I have just had to talk them down and try and persuade them not to go. Cheers PN email system.

The e-mail has still not arrived in the account. I hope tonights post at 8pm is to say when all the mails will be re-instated. The I can get this sorted out.

Anybody else miss out on important info like this.

A
4 REPLIES
waldron
Grafter

Re: missing e-mails Still

Anybody else miss out on important info like this.

I have no way of knowing, despite the original announcement from PN saying we may 'see missing emails' - not sure how you do that.
N/A

missing e-mails Still

Exactly ... how do we know what we missed? I was abroad for 3 weeks and the system was wiped a day or so before I returned. Anything could have happened.

On a related point - they state that 50% of the 'lost' mail was spam, 48% had been read and downloaded and only a couple of percent was unread. I'm an IMAP user and for years have used IMAP systems to store and organise my mail. I assume their 48% includes IMAP mail that had been read ... but not necessarily downloaded and SAVED. One of the points about IMAP is that it's saved on the server.

I assume there are others in the same boat ... who have probably also implemented a Gmail backup to automatically dump copies of all read mail in for the next time.

Fingers crossed

D.
Community Veteran

missing e-mails Still

I know it's missed as I have just discovered it had ben sent ant not recieved. other people know of missing mail as well as they know it was sent.

I send stuff home from work and some that never arrived.

I also use IMAp but I keep a local copy as well and let everytting syncronise.

I also potentially lost mail due to the fact some zone files for hosted domains were also down at the same time so mail was either wiped from the server or never accpected as pn servers did not recoginse my domain for approx 2 or 3 days.

A
waldron
Grafter

missing e-mails Still

On a related point - they state that 50% of the 'lost' mail was spam......

This all depends on the definition of 'spam'. On other threads we have heard of emails treated as spam by PN, but which are genuine emails required by the recipient.

I don't understand how PN can say that 50% is spam unless they have read the content, which clearly they can't do as it is currently unreadable.