Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration

MrToast
Grafter

migration

I'm trying to migrate from BTOW to Plus.Net. Orderd on 1/11/03

I've called BTOW accounts three times now and they say they have no note. Further they refuse to look into it saying its all dealt with by the ISP I'm going to.

Its very difficult to instruct a migration from the ISP you are leaving. As I understand it its a requested service.

That said Plus.Net have already taken payment for the migration. What happens if I'm hanging on for ever?

I'm trying to avoid a cease-re-provide.
9 REPLIES
N/A

migration

my migration is suppost to be completed on the 16th dec. should i have heard something by now to confirm that everything is going to plan? i dont want to be left with no ADSL on the 16th.

thanks

Peter
N/A

migration

Sorry I'm not familiar with migrations, but you could check the usual places. The ADSL Tracker and link:contact us ticketing system are two of the places that might hold information.
N/A

migration

have tried both of those, +net said that they have submitted to bt. and thats all i get
Ianwild
Grafter

migration

Hi,

We haven't yet had a response from your previosu ISP then. Until that happens, we can't confirm anything. I think you should call them and check they have received the migration request from BT...

Regards,

Ian
N/A

migration

have e-mailed zen asking them what is happening. if i havent heard anything by 2moro i will have to call them,. grrrr didnt think it was going to go smoothly.
N/A

migration

Did you cancel the Zen account? Reasonably enough, Zen will not approve a migration unless they have received a cancellation from you. My migration from Zen was sorted out very quickly.
N/A

migration

yep. cancelled the account for the 16th dec. e-mailed them to say accept all migration requests. then phoned them a few days after to confirm this.
N/A

migration

My advice would be to phone them again, and ask them to tell you what is happening with your account.

Do Not Tell Them What Is Happening.

Let them explain it to you, and if needed, point them and encourage them that there is further detail.

If you can get them to tell you the migration is on target and accepted, then there is somthing wrong and you need to contact PlusNet.

If they fail to tell you, then you need to tell them to get there finger out.

I have seen in the past, and this doesn't just relate to ISPs, but have had it with British Gas, Manweb, BT and Welsh Water. They listen to you, and say what they think is happening, without doing any reading and research on the actual issue.
N/A

migration

You will be provided with a refund if the migration fails, luckily.

From other peoples past experiances, I have seen that BTO like to contact the customer prior to authorising the migration.

This is a security measure, to make sure that you are not being migrated against your wishes and to ask you why (though I guess that last bit is market research).

In adition to this, many others have said that BTO deny receiving the migrate request. To me it sounds like they have a left-hand, right-hand problem.

My advice would be to e-mail there support desk (writting is better and will stand up better later).

In this, inform them they have 14 days in which to contact you with the status of the migration. Inform them you have attempted to find out via phone in the past and that if they fail to contact you, you will be contacting Oftel.

Oftel have been a pretty good tool to get stalled migrations restarted. However, Oftel can't help unless you can prove you have made attempts to find out yourself, and the process has stalled.