cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration was a doddle ( or so i thought)

N/A

I recently got a mac code which plusnet provided very happily and quickly , as i actually use the internet for more than emails.
I signed up with my new isp on tues 13th and have been migrated by the 16th.
all with no hassle.

Emule is back to its old self, I dont have to have a cigarette break while waiting for pages to load and bit torrent is full speed any time of day. aaaahhh and unlimited.

best thing i have done for some time
18 REPLIES
N/A

Whats your new isp?
N/A

Don't forget to raise a ticket telling PlusNet that your migration has been completed sucessfully so that they can make sure you arn't accidently billed again.

Regards,
Andrew D Wiles
N/A

accidently billed
Best quote from plusnet. Cheesy
N/A

Don't forget to raise a ticket telling PlusNet that your migration has been completed sucessfully so that they can make sure you arn't accidently billed again.

Regards,
Andrew D Wiles

I didnt take much notice of your advice, thinking it was a bit of a joke comment. But of course it has happened, I have just been sent the email about the charge about to be debited.

I of course have sent back a reply saying i gave the months notice (as i am on monthly contract) and what are they up to.
to which they responded " we dont know about this please tell us when the migration happened!!!

Now Plusnet are an IT company, computerised to the hilt and they claim that they dont know I have migrated and when it was.

It beggars belief.
prichardson
Grafter

Hi,

This is indeed true. Unlike orders and inbound migration, outbound migrations are not automated in the BT order system.

As such, it requires we check each account by hand with BT to confirm if or not the migration took place. The majority of people requesting MAC codes, do not use them and as such, service continues as normal.

Although we have a 30 day notification policy, this is only fully implimented for outright cancellations. Migrators are informed of this, but only appies if actually used.

Kind Regards,
N/A

Plusnet is a joke. What do you mean you dont know if someone has migrated i have never heard anything so ridiculous....

I cant be bothered to write more about it ,but its just another reason to be glad ive moved.
prichardson
Grafter

Hi,

As noted, it's not a PlusNet thing, but rather a BT one.

This applies accross every ISP that makes use of BTs Wholesale products.
N/A

I wrote to you via contact us saying..... i am unsatisfied with the service. I want to move to a different ISP, please provide me with a MAC code... on 23/11/2005

you provided me with a mac code I have migrated.

I gave you notice and now more than 30 days on you want to bill me again on
25/12/2005
you state that the majority of people who request a mac do not migrate. That is irrelevant to the situation and not my problem.

If you attempt to extract money from me fraudulently I will instruct my solicitor to deal with the matter.

p.s. and NO its not a BT thing....... its a Plusnet thing
LiamM
Grafter

You need to accept that you are wrong.

The majority of people requesting MAC codes do not actually use them and migrate away.

BT often do not inform Plusnet of a user migration being completed (at least until it's too late anyway), it is a job that can be done manually via each users account but this can be time consuming and if it's close to your billing date you could get missed from a manual check if BT haven't informed PN of your completed migration.

This is indeed a BT thing and it's not just Plusnet guilty of billing people after they've migrating.

You requesting a MAC code does not mean that you're definately going to use it. I requested mine once, did nothing, and service / billing resumed as normal.

If it was automated and everyone who requested MACS had their service suspended and billing suspended, then this would cause major problems with the people that request a mac but do not use it.
Community Veteran

I'm sure if you ask them nicely PN will refund any money taken for the period after you migrated and outside the 30 day notice period.

The problem however is with BT. How were PN supposed to know you had migrated if nobody told them?
prichardson
Grafter

Hi,

Indeed, if we are notified of the migration, we can certainly raise this for confirmation and terminate the account as soon as feasable.

If we receive the confirmation that the migration is complete after the billing date, we will have to wait for the payment to process unfortunatly. Once completed, we can then issue a refund.

It is done this way as we cannot refund what we can't confirm we have received the payment. Equaly, we cannot stop the payment once submitted to the bank.

If payments are via card, this is even quicker.

Kind Regards,
channel
Grafter

Out of interest, what costs do PN actually bear in relation to a customer that has migrated, using their MAC code, but not given the requisite notice to PN?

I believe it is impossible for 2 ADSL services to be provisioned simultaneously on the same line, so surely BT Wholesale can't be billing PN in respect of the customer once they have migrated to another BT Wholesale reseller?
ceridwen
Grafter

To compare, PN's recent acquistion metronet require a mere 5 days notice, so I doubt that there is a cost to PN involved letting people leave earlier than the requisitie 30 days notice.

Matthew
Community Veteran

I'm sure I read somewhere that for cancellations BT require 30 days notice. maybe PN can't be botherd to distinguise between cancellations and migrations