cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration fee

N/A

migration fee

is there a migration fee from plusnet's part if you want to migrate away from plusnet?

before the hawks come down on me for not doing a search first ...I did, to no avail in the first 2 pages, don't have time to do more.

and I really don't want to talk to customer service again. yestersay's experience was more than enough

thanks for any help.
21 REPLIES
hitachi
Grafter

migration fee

Only if you migrated in for free, in which case it is £14.99
Community Veteran

migration fee

You are also committed to completing any contractural terms like paying off your remaining months if on a 12 month contract and the normal 30 days notice period.

Raise a contact us ticket and you will be told what payments are necessary before you can migrate as each account can be different.
N/A

migration fee

No your not committed to a 12 month contract, they have clearly breeched their contract and I strongly advise you to contact your credit card company and trading standards and explain what has happend to them. They have good ears and will not mess you about. Explain what you where sold and then explain what you are now getting. I have been with plusnet for years so I am going to move. However I have spoken to my credit card company and they have stated that I am within my rights and they will stop payment if need be.Many will say dont listen to us on here, well I say dont listen to anyone, phone those two and find out for yourself :-)
Community Veteran

migration fee

well I say dont listen to anyone

O good, thanks, I'm glad you agree I don't have to listen to you. Wink

And as nothing actually changes until April, If you migrate / leave now, you are subject to the contract terms you signed up for. If your on a 12 month contract you have to honor this in full.
Community Veteran

migration fee

I would stongly consider getting proper legal advice before taking the word of plankspanker before stopping your payments otherwise you could end up creating a much larger mess than you have already.

I very much doubt any card company will give you a defintive answer on what they and you can do based on a 5 minuite conversation without being in full possession of the facts and full details of the fair usage policy etc.

Chris
N/A

migration fee

I think trading standards and the credit card legal department which I advised this person to contact justifies sound advice. I think plusnet should allow people to leave free of charge due to such a radical change imho I think it would be better PR and it may give the folks who stay more faith. whilst my legal background is different, you and I both now that this person has a case, and I would bet good money plusnet would not follow these up anyway, as its too much hassle, it certianly turned my hair grey in work. So I agree with you fa55dsl, get sound advice and those two bodies are a damn good start :-)
N/A

migration fee

Your still missing the point that no changes have been made yet..
N/A

migration fee

All I'm missing is the ability to download on my premier account my friend :-) If you catch my drift.
Community Veteran

migration fee

Which you can do now without any restictions, so your current contract and usage has not changed. So if you migrate now or stop any payments which you are suggesting others do (unwisely in my opinion) you are still liable for any contractural payments.
N/A

migration fee

Thank you for the replies.
My 12months contract ends this month, I know about the 30days notice period, so I don't need to stop payments.

"what payments are necessary"
Aren't you a bit pressumptious (to say the least)? wouldn't it have been better to say 'IF payments are necessary"?
And it didn't answer my question anyway: does plusnet charges an outbound migration fee?
I know about raising a contact ticket and about being told. My question was specific and it was a prospective question so that I can plan better the migration. It isn't so hard to understand, is it?
N/A

migration fee

Are you saying plusnet may do U turn on this? Also with these are proposed terms! Which means you complain and fight them now, otherwise when they are imposed, if there were no fight then plusnet would be within the law to strongly argue that these new terms were accepted and that they now form part of your contract both written and implicit, and thats fact :-)
N/A

migration fee

if you say it, it must be! :shock:
N/A

migration fee

Echamings - why don’t you go check it then! Or phone Trading Standards. Don’t accuse me indirectly of lying without facts. That is the fact, and any barrister will tell you that what I stated is correct. Why are you trying to ridicule me without checking the law first? Am I not permitted to have my say?
N/A

migration fee

plankspanker, the changes won't come into effect till April, and I think they are planning to offer an assisted migration when these changes come into effect, but for how long I don't know.

identikit, if you want to migrate, you need to give 30 days notice of your intention to leave.