Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating: keep my email.

sinewave
Grafter

I (think) I'm finally leaving PN for a better ISP

I don't wish to loose my PN email address straight away. I get fair few emails via my PN address and I need to allow time for the change of email address.

Am I right that plusnet allow you to retain a basic (free) dial-up account so that you can keep the email account alive? If so how do i request this? what is that account called (so that those ticket answering agents know what I want!).

Also what happens to referrals in this case? I've heard of some PN folk, having referred many, to actually get more money back from PN than they pay. Does the referral scheme continue even though one is on a free account?

Any other tips/stuff I should know when migrating (I know about the 30 day thing)

TIA
5 REPLIES
N/A

You need to ask Plusnet to downgrade your account to Dial Up PAYG when you migrate to another ISP. As long as you log into Plusnet (via dialup modem) or collect your email at least once every 60 days then your free account should remain active and you can receive your Plusnet emails.

Any referrals will continue to be paid to you but Plusnet will wait until the accumulated referral amount is £5 before transferring this to your bank account. You need to input your Bank details into a screen at 'Account Details' and then 'Referral Payments' to receive the monies due to you.

Once you have migrated make sure that you let Plusnet know as they are not always told by BTw.
sinewave
Grafter

Thanks for the clear, informed answer ruslyn77.

I have also just learned that one can only request a MAC code via the ticket system - not on the phone. Just incase others are interested;-)
vic_newey
Grafter

does the same thing apply to a webpage you may have on plusnets servers ? can it still be accessed by FTP but only on dialup?
N/A

you will be downgraded to 25meg plain webspace (so remember to back it up beforehand) - you can only FTP to it whilst dialled into plusnet.
vic_newey
Grafter

I guessed it would be only by dialup, seems I just need to leave my homepage with redirects to the rest of my website hosted elsewhere