cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

midband worth the wait ? maybe

keithivan
Grafter

midband worth the wait ? maybe

Started to get exited about ndonew 128k service for 19.99. 250hrs at 128k sounds good but a subscriber tells us its only 125hrs at 128k.
(ndo being open and honest?)
Lets look at why most people have ISDN access.
Home highway gives us the ability to make and recieve a telephone call while surfing the net at 64k. (using the other 64k channel). If we are surfing at 128k an outgoing or incoming call cannot be made.(Very frustrating for my wife who wants to ring someone). I,m told the long awaited midband solves this problem by reducing data access to 64k when an incoming or outging call is recieved or made. (clever). I think Plusnet might be right in waiting for this product to become available as it does solve a BIG problem.
I think I,ll stay put for the time being!
--
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: midband worth the wait ? maybe

> Started to get exited about ndonew 128k service for 19.99. 250hrs at 128k sounds good but a subscriber tells us its only 125hrs at 128k.
> (ndo being open and honest?)
> Lets look at why most people have ISDN access.
> Home highway gives us the ability to make and recieve a telephone call while surfing the net at 64k. (using the other 64k channel). If we are surfing at 128k an outgoing or incoming call cannot be made.(Very frustrating for my wife who wants to ring someone). I,m told the long awaited midband solves this problem by reducing data access to 64k when an incoming or outging call is recieved or made. (clever). I think Plusnet might be right in waiting for this product to become available as it does solve a BIG problem.
> I think I,ll stay put for the time being!
>
> --
>

Good Evening,

BT's new "Midband" service is rather like always-on 128k ISDN. There are no further details to reveal at the moment, although there are discussions and comments been made at www.adslguide.org.uk if you want to have a look.

Regards
Martin
--
| Martin Cundell..............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

RE: midband worth the wait ? maybe

Apparently the D channel will be always on for e-mail etc.

Which is good in a way.

NDO's 128K product is 250 hours at 64k or 125 hours at 128K - but that still equates to £150 offpeak using PAYG

I am on it - and i am happy - it's fast with no connection problems - people diss the mediaways platform but i have never had a problem with it - even companys like Gio give me great service - am i one of the lucky few?

if there was a piece in my HH box that did this i'd happily copy it and pass it around Smiley

Anyway my ADSL campaign goes live tommorow with 1700 homes being leafleted - hold on PlusNet - cause i'll be suggesting you as a service provider - and then living off the referals! - " starts dreaming" £10,200 a month! " stops dreaming" as IF! lol

would be nice though <g> lol