cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messed up login

jabb0
Grafter

messed up login

well with the random logouts being a problem recently - i dont know if anyone else has noticed that the autofocus on the login username field has now gone aswell - a little thing sure, but think how many clicks it would save throughout your time here :lol:

it was cool bring it back plz Wink
33 REPLIES
Community Veteran

messed up login

What do you mean by this autofocus thing?
Community Veteran

messed up login

Probably when you load up the page the cursor automatically goes to a certain field - i.e. the username field. so you can start typing rather than clicking in a field first.
N/A

messed up login

This is getting ridiculous - everytime I click on something it goes back to a login demand - even trying to do this post. Are Plusnet trying to discourage us from using this site?

Come on Plusnet - you are starting to look like beginners.

Distinctly unimpressed as I have logged in at least six times to get here. Evil
N/A

messed up login

I know that the developers have had one look already regarding the problems that had been flagged up, but little news as to what the problem is or how it can be solved.
Hopefully there will be some good news come Monday, but developers dont work weekends so I wouldnt expect anything before then.
Community Veteran

messed up login

I have auto logon set and have not experienced any logouts since the problem started. I'm also using Mozilla which may or may not be a factor.

I did have logout problems when using a Linux/Firefox setup elsewhere which did not have auto login enabled.

Do you all login each time you visit the forums or do any of you have auto login set. If not, try it and see if it works.
jabb0
Grafter

messed up login

Man never had problems up until recently, and my nix or firefox aint changed... other fora and sites work fine too, but this has just turned into another post about getting logged out.

I initially wanted to highlight that the autofocus feature, which was so nicely put by no7olivier
when you load up the page the cursor automatically goes to a certain field - i.e. the username field. so you can start typing rather than clicking in a field first.
has disappeared, and was aking if we could get it back plz?

thanking u
N/A

messed up login

As covered in some of the other threads covering the login issue, auto-login is a workaround. It's not a solution though and not an option for people who use multiple machines to view the portal.
N/A

messed up login

Always used autologin. The site should be checking cookies after initial login but seemed not to be doing so.

However I have to say that today it seems to be working OK. One login and I can navigate at will. Amazing what a nights kip can do.

Maybe someone does work at the weekend.
N/A

messed up login

Being logged out is ongoing and variable problem since the maintenance on tuesday/wednesday. It's intermittent and only effects those who aren't using auto-login, but is still occurring I'm sorry to say.

Plenty of people work at the weekend, just not the dev lot it appears.
jabb0
Grafter

messed up login

AUTOFUCUS - AUTOFOCUS - AUTOFOCUS

Any one want to to talk about that?
N/A

messed up login

Its all part of the borkedness atm, but I am sure it will get fixed along with all the rest of the portal problems.

They are well aware of the list of problems and are working on them.
Community Veteran

messed up login

Can I suggest if that is the case that we have one thread entitled:

Portal Borked? Read This.

Containing a summary of and disscusion on the various portal problems.
Community Veteran

messed up login

Write one up and we'll look into it Smiley
N/A

messed up login

Hopefully it won't be necessary, assuming that they've worked out what the problem(s) are and are going to fix it tomorrow Smiley
If not, another Service Status update with info of all the problems would seem like a good idea. (Although a sticky here may help too).