cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mbps speed

N/A

mbps speed

Hi my speed on connection is showing 11.1 mbps yet on speed test with plusnet it is 994 mbps
so how do i get this sorted? i raised a ticket about it? dont know if that will help
you see i thought plusnet where supposed to send an email?
im supposed to be upgraded this month by bt

and im not sure what is happening, i keep seeing posts here where people are not notified yet their speeds change??
and to be quite honest with some past things my faith in plusnet is well to say the least slipping fast
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

mbps speed

Your speed is quite normal for a 1MB/s connection you shouldn't need to do anything.
N/A

mbps speed

yes on plusnet it is yet early it was 1mbps on startup to internet then later it went up to 11.1 mbps on connection to internet, but 994 on plusnet speed check, why is it showing internet connection of 11.1 mbps yet connection to plusnet just under 1mbps? this what i cant understand?
N/A

Test Results Replying Ivan

Hi normski,

The results of the speed checker on PN are clearly in error and the digit or decimal point is in the wrong place. I think it should be showing you 1.11MB's per seconds and 994K (just under the 1MB's). I have found similar inconsistencies when using the Force9 speed checker, sometimes its just gets itself in a tizz or at other times the test fails and reports zero. Usually I just log out and then back in again and re-try the test and it usually sorts it.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum Your Voice,Get Involved!
N/A

mbps speed

I do not use PN speed checker as I find it inconsistent and unreliable.
N/A

mbps speed

yes ( sigh) back to 1.0mbps sob sob , " all i want for xmas is me 2 mbps, 2mbps
:lol:

any way thanks for info etc
N/A

mbps speed

Try this fro speed testing i find it quit Accurate Wink

TOAST
N/A

mbps speed

yes ( sigh) back to 1.0mbps sob sob , " all i want for xmas is me 2 mbps, 2mbps