cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maxdsl upgrade + 9 years service

N/A

Well I found out today that I have been with force 9 for over 9 years, yet the loyal customer counts for nothing Surely i should have been at the very front of the maxdsl 8mg upgrade queue

Has anybody found out why F9 has gone silent on Monday no one from F9 have answered any tickets yesterday nor e today, they have also been silent on this forum.

I have asked if the magic bulk regrade tool has gone live but F9 say now that they don't know anything about it

What going on this week

Seems F9 make up the rules as they go along I think they need to go back to school and learn about what customer service should be?

What has happened to F9 this year it’s not the usual brilliant service we expect from them.

Jill Weekes
12 REPLIES
N/A

Another case of the left not knowing...

These posts are quoted from what is now being quoted as THE forum....all posted by 10:30am yesterday.

Asked if the BT regarde tool had arrived....
Hi Guys,

BT have delivered on time.

*falls off chair*

Initially, we should be able to place approximately 900 High priority orders" in accordance with our market share, but will also be able to submit, "low priority" ones, which will be processed if there is space available, ie: if other ISP's are not using their market share.

Asked when a regrade will be placed and how long it should take....
Heh. Sometime within the next 4 months?

We'll continue placing orders as we have been doing so, priority will be to get the PAYG customer done, which will take upto about a month, dependant on how many low priority orders we can do. Hopefully loads so it will be really, really quick!

*excited look*

In answer to the sequence of regardes....
- 4 & 8 Mbps customers
- PAYG
- Queue jumpers
- The rest

Question from a premium subscriber on his regrade status....
Yes, the 4 & 8Mbps customers should all have seen their upgrades by now. There were one or two of them that the system missed, but these have been manually picked up and sorted out.

Jon Whiting
PlusNet Customer Support

And finally in answer to "Why the change of tact, what happened to the original priority list and will it change back to reward loyalty..."
No, because we've already stated otherwise.

Going back on our word again, would probably cause half of my team to commit suicide.

Hope this helps,
N/A

Hello Jill,

Frankly in my opinion the fact that you have been a loyal & long standing F9 PlusNet customer counts for NOTHING!!, sadly customer loyalty gets you no recognition these days. Especially when customers can & do jump ship to other ISP's right left & centre & at the drop of a hat, or at the slightest upset. So perhaps you might call me very cynical (I wouldnt disagree with you on that) but I think we are very niave to believe that length of being a customer gives you anything more than a brand new customer. The trueth is it definately doesnt give you any more importance to F9 than if you jioned up yesturday.

**I would take any promises made by F9 about loyal customers with ahealthy pinch of salt, nice if it happens but dont hold your breath.

**YES! I agree with you regarding the quality of customer service in comparison to when I joined F9. But there is a very real & logical explanation concerning this matter, a) F9 was a smaller more personable, customer focused ISP back in the old dialup internet days back in the 1990's. b) Since F9 has grown larger & floated on the stock market the focus has destinctly changed to making profits (nothing wrong with making profits but NOT at the expense of quality of customer service IMO). c) when companies grow & expand beyond a certain critical size, especially in IT & ISP's the customer service definately suffers and becomes less human & far more impersonal due to sheer numbers & thats what IMO has happened to F9 i.e. Its become less friendly towards its customers, its lost some of those qualities that made it very special indeed.

**So JILL dont expect your loyalty or length of time as a customer to entitle you too any preferential treatment re: regrade's to BT's DSL MAX 8meg service. I certainly dont think I'll get anything special even though I have been a customer many years too. If I get upgraded eventually & It works OK & I do get speeds above 2megs I'll be more than happy.

Ivan
N/A

I am rather unhappy about pay as you go subscribers being done before business users.
I have pumped around 4500 pounds into this company paying for the top end adsl.
I was paying for the imaginary 8mbit line for a good 6 months or more before I decided I was paying 90 pounds a month for nothing.
This whole Max upgrade has been a complete shambles, and I would hope that heads will roll for it.

cyteck I agree with you that they simply dont care about customers any more its all about churn getting more customers in the door sod the rest of us we will do as were told. Far too many companies have gone down this route.

A delay in the upgrade is acceptable however the information about when it would happen or where you would be in the que or how it was done is totally unacceptable most of the info is vague at best.

Not a happy customer.
astarsolutions
Grafter

I am rather unhappy about pay as you go subscribers being done before business users.

I thought business users were done first.

I have 2 business accounts with f9, one was upgraded days after the start of the upgraded long before the billing date, the other account was done several days later on its billing date.

I would raise a ticket as they have probably missed you by mistake.
N/A

Well my billing date was back on the 7th and ive not heard a peep out of them about it.
from my expeirence with there support having a business account seems to count for nothing sadly.
But I will do as you suggest and see what the standard response will be.
astarsolutions
Grafter

having a business account seems to count for nothing sadly.

I agree with you on that; the internet connection is usually better with a lower contention ratio and faster upload speeds but i would like to see some kind of prioritised support channels. In most cases we are paying a lot more than domestic customers so we should be getting an allround better service.
JonathanW
Grafter

There have been a few issues with the upgrades that are going through. Partially because we complicated things by trying to upgrade the long standing customers first, and partially because of the various changes imposed on us part way through by BT.

Anyone who was on an Up To 4mb or Up To 8mb account on the 29th of March should have already had their speed upgrades put through, and they should have completed shortly after that. So if you're on one of these accounts and haven't yet been regraded, I would advise that you raise a ticket via the regular contact us system.

We're doing the PayG customers next, because we've been saying for the best part of a year that these are Up To 8mb accounts, and its only right that they should be upgraded ahead of people on other account types.

As for information about when an upgrade will happen, or where you are in the queue, it isn't really possible to make this available. As it isn't possible to say for definate when an order will take place. This is something that we saw happening last year, when we attempted to upgrade everyone to the fastest speed that they could have. The process was initially expected to complete on a given date, and then it got pushed back several times. It isn't going to be exactly the same this time around, as not every ISP is going to be placing orders automatically, so in theory there shouldn't be as many people in the queues at BT Wholesale.
N/A

Thanks for the reply, it hasnt really cleared up the business aspect up, but I guess I will just be shoved in with the rest of the sheep.

in the long term I think it could be better to see how well the upgrades go and what users experiences are with it. I hear alot of mixed feelings about it.

Never the less I am still very egar to get it as the extra upload will help speed my work load up a heck of alot.

Thanks
Ant.
orrery
Grafter

As it isn't possible to say for definate when an order will take place.

Suggestion:

So how about publishing a weekly status giving the 'order of play' and saying what has been completed thus far.

This way, people who have been missed out can draw this to your attention and the rest of us can work out roughly where we are in the queue.

regards, Ian
astarsolutions
Grafter

There are 2 ways you could do that, publish an enormus list of usernames which I for one would object to or announce the packages that have been upgraded which they are doing

Anyone who was on an Up To 4mb or Up To 8mb account on the 29th of March should have already had their speed upgrades put through
N/A

they could just publish the number converted the number left to do.
but I'm guessing the number left would be so large it would probably annoy users and they might look else where. So instead they just give out very limited vague information which pisses customers off any how.
Cant win to be honest.
Sword
Grafter

I've been trying to get some sense out of support - they won't even confirm what's been stated in this thread - but I'm just fobbed off.

Upgrading PAYG before long-standing customers is such a slap in the face. I can't see how they were 'promised' an upgrade ahead of everyone else.

Another in a long line of debacles. Luckily the ability to have referral credit now paid into a bank account has made things easier for me. The reduction in monthly charges was the only thing keeping me with F9. I'll make sure things run smoothly with the referral payment and then request a MAC.

An interesting thread on alternatives can be found Here