cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maxdsl - orders placed out of promised order?

___oDiN__
Grafter

ive just returned from a neighbours pc to look at some connection problems they have has over the last few days ( temp loss of sync and disconnects)

connected to the net and low and behold connection speed 7.6Mbs...

bloomin heck i cry ( or words to that affect) your on maxdsl...

but wait a min...

your on bb+ 14.99 and only been a member since aug 2005..

im on premier 2mb 21.99 and been a member since 2004..

so much for orders placed in the time served/package order..

PN care to explain?
38 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

If you can PM me their username I can take a look. The two most likely reasons are that they were on dial-up prior to broadband or have just moved house or moved the broadband to a different phone line. Without knowing all the details I would only be able to guess.
___oDiN__
Grafter

pm'ed u the info

but for the rest of you

she was on dialup with bt before aug 2005
never heard of plusnet till i reffered and setup
hasnt queue jumped because she didnt even know about maxdsl let alone request it

she has been on the same account 14.99 bb+ since joining and no other package.

ps ( im glad but envious shes got it )
Community Veteran

... I would only be able to guess.

Just like the MaxDSL upgrade process ... I guess who will be updated next.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Thanks, I'll look into this after the bank holiday when the product guys are back in.
___oDiN__
Grafter

just a bump - reminder
N/A

erm look into what exactly? are you gonna switch them off MaxDsl? and bump someone who's been here longer?
shellsong
Grafter

"Thank you for reporting a hole in our procedures-- we'll look into it" :lol:
N/A

"Thank you for reporting this, we will make a vague statement to placate the unwashed masses before someone within the company changes their mind again and whatever half-assed system we have continues on.. unrelenting"

I like the more dramatic approach Wink
Couger
Grafter

well well well

After reading this thread and then looking at my current referals there are 3 users who i have refered that are now on 8mb wtf

Why ?
N/A

It's a joke. I'm on a business package and was meant to get transferred over as one of the first (still waiting). I'd just like a fixed date, everyone should be done in (original plusnet) priority order. Perhaps PN transferred dial up users first as they use the net the least. Dial up accounts generally don't need high speed access (hence why they are dial up) due to their low usage.

I'm more than annoyed right now, transfer over to Max SHOULD have happened 10 days ago, still waiting. Perhaps I'll just leave like all the others.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If you were paying a higher rate for an up to 4MB or up to 8MB package you should have been upgraded by now. If you have been missed raise a ticket.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

If you were paying a higher rate for an up to 4MB or up to 8MB package you should have been upgraded by now. If you have been missed raise a ticket.

Yep, I'm paying top whack. I don't want to raise a ticket as it just creates an extra burden on plusnet support, my billing date was only 22nd. The thing that annoyed me is that the email about upgrades implied that I would be upgraded as soon as my billing date came - which CLEARLY is not the case.
N/A

Same happened to me, my friend is on 14.99 and i'm on 21.99 package, and i've been on a year longer than he has, hes now at over 5mb i'm still on a measly 1mb, just not fair, seems pay more get less atm Sad
N/A

there are 3 users ... now on 8mb

Out of 17 on my list who clicked a link, 4 are showing as being on "up to 8 Mb".

I am not unduly annoyed /concerned they got it before me, but would love to be able to alert the other 12+ about the "queue jump" option. Unfortunately the usernames are never shown, so I cannot send anyone any e-mail...

It would also have been useful to allow contact when there were people paying 29.99 and could have switched to 21.99 - but the setup means that there's no way for me to ever contact those users again.