cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maxDSL without any Confirmation

N/A

Hi, has anyone else had this. I have a ticket open with support and am being told maxDSL is enabled for me.

I am not showing these speeds and have not had any email confirmation about my upgrade to maxDSL.

Has anyone else been upgraded without email confirmationHuh :?:
14 REPLIES
N/A

hi
i was upgraded to max 7 days ago i havent heard anything off PN

your not the only one
millerabode
Dabbler

I had requested maxdsl ASAP but only got a response saying 'noted and we'll do our best'. Over the last 7 days or so my sync speed has been up and down which I assume is the process trying to work out highest stable speed. One thing I'm not clear about is when any additional bandwidth is actually available. While the sync speed has been up and down, the rate at which I can download anything has remained the same - does the extra bandwidth only become availabe once the sync speed has been identified and if so what has to happen to make it available?
N/A

it took about 3 days before i noticed a speed increase the highest down load speed ive seen is 733kbs but at the moment its running at 300 ish

i dont know what its like at peak times cos i dont DL then to easy to gobble up 10GB

my stable rate is set at 7500
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate

hopes this helps a little
N/A

I was on holiday when I was maxed I think.
No email, no notification apart from one saying that if my exchange was enabled for LLU I'd maybe be put on it.

I went away on 1st May with usual speeds. Came back to find my modem reporting 3216 download and 488 upload, plus my stable speed is reported as 2500. Smiley Good speed for me, because before it was under 1 MB.

Last night it was 2000 with my modem reporting over 3000.
So I assume that I've been maxed but because I've been away I've not been able to resync.
I've noticed a few timeouts as well. I had over 5000 emails waiting for me and I got a timeout every time I'd almost finished downloading, so moved to Thunderbird to do it. OE downloads the lot again if you get a timeout or disconnection.

It would be nice to be told if you are in the queue and have been maxed.
But I'd suggest, if you don't know, check your speed and watch for unexpected timeouts.
Community Veteran

The system that sends out the emails for MaxDSL upgrades has not been working well so many have not been informed as a result.

It is being worked on.
N/A

hmm peter

Yeah peter the system called email hasn't neen working correctly for 10 days now..

cant plus net get anything right..
N/A

I have had 4 emails to date telling me about my new MaxDSL service lol.
N/A

i sent a ticket requesting dslmax as a priority, and was told that i will receive an email once an order has been placed etc, that was 24th april and heard nothing since then, checked the ticket i opened about it, and it was closed 3rd may, whats that all about?
N/A

i sent a ticket requesting dslmax as a priority, and was told that i will receive an email once an order has been placed etc, that was 24th april and heard nothing since then, checked the ticket i opened about it, and it was closed 3rd may, whats that all about?

Errrm it probably means you were maxed on May 3rd! :-)

Check your router sync speeds...
N/A

Link Information

Uptime: 17 days, 16:18:00

Modulation: G.DMT Annex A [POTS Overlay Mode]

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 288 / 2.272

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]: 10,44 / 24,29

{Administrator}=>adsl info
Modemstate : up
Operation Mode : G.DMT Annex A [POTS Overlay Mode]
Channel Mode : fast
Number of resets : 1

Vendor Local Remote
Vendor : ALCB TSTC
VendorSpecific : 0000 0000
StandardRevisionNr : 01 01

Downstream Upstream
Margin [dB] : 30.5 27.0
Attenuation [dB] : 15.0 7.0
OutputPower [dBm] : 18.5 11.0

Available Bandwidth Cells/s Kbit/s
Downstream : 5358 2272
Upstream : 679 288

Nope, nothing Cry
N/A

Nope, nothing Cry

Then open another ticket - everyone else whose ticket was automatically closed on May 3rd got Max'ed very soon afterwards.
N/A

Just checked my router and ive been upgraded!!! (My ticket is still open) Never thought of checking.

Data Rate 4352 448 kbps ... Was hoping for 6mb awwww Sad
Ziggur
Grafter

Then open another ticket - everyone else whose ticket was automatically closed on May 3rd got Max'ed very soon afterwards.

Not everyone.

I haven't got it yet. Ticket closed May 3rd.
N/A

just sent them another email asking why the ticket has been closed, will let you know the outcome. Just taken me nearly 5 mins to get onto here, plusnet going soooo slow tonight.