cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max upgrades for business accounts

xblade
Grafter

I discovered on Friday that my teleworker account had not been upgraded to the MAX 8MB service ie I was still on the PAY GO 2MB service

I had thought that this would have been done over a year ago as part of the free upgrade process

I only discovered it after phoning tech support at plusnet complaining about the terrible upload speeds of 9KB/s

They also did not seem to think this was a problem, even after me expressing how unhappy I felt about the poor speeds and customer service issues

I wonder if there are other business account users, who have experienced the same problem. It might be worth checking!

Regards
Simon :roll:
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It is an opt in upgrade. A Plusnet Newsletter sent to all customers in the Autumn made this clear.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Liam
Grafter

And to do so, you can visit http://max.plus.net - and it'll happen within 10 working days.
xblade
Grafter

Hi

Was this not part of the free upgrade to the BT max 8MB service that happened automatically?

I remember that this happened for all residential customers, because I was one of them

I am not talking about the LLU upgrade
thanks
Simon
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Only a small proportion of users got an automatic upgrade. It then started turning smelly with many many people finding they had unusable connections after the upgrade. To run salt in to the wounds they were perfectly happy with the speeds beforehand.

Upgrades were suspended and when re-introduced were made opt in.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
sam
Grafter

Hi smlawrence,

Let me know when you have completed the opt-in and I will monitor the order for you.
xblade
Grafter

Hi
I was told that this was going to be activated straight away, so hopefully will be soon

Still confused about the so-called 'opt-in', as my residential accout was done autoatically, along with most accounts
Thanks
Simon
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

It began as automatic ugrades for everyone, however many people had problems following the upgrade, and BT were dealing with a massive increase in faults as a result.

Because of this we made the upgrade opt-in only back at the end of the summer, and advised customers in the newsletter that they would need to opt-in if they wanted an upgrade.

All you need to do is raise a ticket here and we'll do the rest. Smiley