cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max'd, MSR stuck at 2000

Frogger
Grafter

max'd, MSR stuck at 2000

I was max'd without warning, my router syncs at 4000 approx. My MSR is stuck at 2000 for over 10 days. Any help on how to get this fixed would be appreciated.

Thanks

Colin
9 REPLIES
jfrank
Grafter

msr

Hi,

I have been stuck like that for 30 days so you might have a bit of a wait Smiley. I have a sync rate of 8000 and no drops in sync in the 30 days.

From what I can gather it is because the Mass upgrade tool doesn't function correctly - leaving a lot of us stuck at our original MSR. Basically it's BT's fault and they are trying to work out a patch/fix.

It can be manually tweaked but I doubt F9 are going to attempt 10's of thousands of manual tweaks (actually I think they might be doing just that - hence support is so slow lately).

I asked BT about it and got a formulated response that was nothing to do with my question, 96 hours later from an Indian call centre CS agent who has since ignored my mails.

I'm afraid it might be a case of sitting back and waiting - One thing you might have noticed is that your upload speed has increased to up to double (around 380 ish for me). This has done wonders for my online experience (I can now host Xbox servers without getting moaned at about lag). Small reward I know but it's very useful nonetheless.

If you go through tthe broadband fault checker here on F9 support - it will show up a fault and you will be in the system to get seen eventually - whether anything can be done by support is another matter I guess.
N/A

max'd, MSR stuck at 2000

snap
except i've been syncing at 8128 since 15/6/6
Smiley
Frogger
Grafter

max'd, MSR stuck at 2000

Well ... after my post, I raised a ticket.
Then I get the standard reply, wait 14 days then recheck.
I then get email saying "we have now successfully moved your broadband service to our alternative broadband network"
Then a lightning strike blows up my router (and Skybox).
I replace the router with an identical one, reload the same config. It syncs at 4.1M, a speed test shows transfer of 3.5 M, my MSR now shows 8 M.

So perhaps I wasn't actually max'd but LLU'd

I'm happy (apart from the expense due to 'act of god'). Keep fingers crossed it stays like that.

Cheers
Colin
N/A

max'd, MSR stuck at 2000

n1
no llu at my exchange or i'd probably try the same
still at 2mb
Smiley
N/A

max'd, MSR stuck at 2000

anyone getting anywhere yet?
im still at 2mb
orrery
Grafter

max'd, MSR stuck at 2000

Nope, no progress here.

My MSR is stuck at 8M
I sync between 4M and 6M
I download at 2M

Worse is that I get continuous drops in service, with the router re-connecting and then dropping immediately. Sometimes it is fine.

F9 have asked me to check my own kit (I've even bought a new router) but my installation was perfectly stable at 2M before the 'upgrade' (although I haven't been officially upgraded as far as I can tell) and nothing has changed.

This is very irritating.

regards, Ian
N/A

max'd, MSR stuck at 2000

Although I have not been maxd I have had major problems of a similar nature (modem dropping out on a regular basis). F9 got BT to attend my property and saw my report on the drops it was going from US/DS of 20/18 to 4/0 and loss of 6. BT have changed my master socket, the cable from the house to the telegraph pole and finally a new wire back to the connection box (green box) and I am now on US/DS of 30/31 and not a flicker.
Both BT and F9 have been very helpful throughout
N/A

max'd, MSR stuck at 2000

1 month exactly later (i started syncing at 8128 on 15th june) i get decent download speeds at last. finally it's above 2mb!
mbr now at 7000
hope it stays!
N/A

max'd, MSR stuck at 2000

all still good Smiley
nice to report some good stuff around the complaints

mbr now at 8mb
downloads nice and fast
pings on dod:s generally 30-40ms
im happy

hope it stays