cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

martinfamily

N/A

martinfamily

The moderating policy has somewhat changed itself. Since Liam was taken on, the ammount of moderation has gone downhill somewhat.

Yikes, the knives are out.
Liam, shape up and get that hair cut, yer flippin layabout Cheesy

I actually find the initial comment quite offensive. I am certainly starting to consider my position carefully and whether or not I want to continue to be a part of a team who apparently do not wish to accept me.

I do not wish to derail this thread, but as Phil pointed out, I can't leave a statement unreplied to.

I would however welcome some further thoughts, opinions and input from Phil with regards to the comment he made.

Liam

since you have been a mod i personnaly feel that your standard of moderating has been spot on.

Although acarr can be a wealth of knowledge, his replies can be abrupt and unhelpful, and lead to raised tempers on this forum as i have had more than my fair share with him.

To comment like that is bang out of order and to a degree, off topic.

Dont leave - he should go!

expects flames and pm and forum access refused
29 REPLIES
N/A

martinfamily

I cannot speak for Phillip (acarr) but I would hope that this matter does not get down to personalities.

The choice of words used in the post may have been unfortunate without any slight or otherwise intended.

Sometimes, in these forums it is hard to refrain from having a snap at people. After all we are all human and have breaking points.

I sincerely hope that the mods can discuss this through the medium available to them and any clarification or explaination can then be posted here.

I honestly dont think we should criticise individuals.
N/A

martinfamily

i agree pcsni

to stop the other thread from being hijacked i started this one

Martinfamily has done a good job and shouldn't even be thinking of leaving because another mod decides to say something as silly as that
N/A

martinfamily

I think the banning of the Chesterfield 4 brought welcome changes to moderation on here. Infact the off topic material that started this thread would have got a punter banned, but not a mod, that happened before too.

Sorry but I think this needed to be said
Although acarr can be a wealth of knowledge, his replies can be abrupt and unhelpful, and lead to raised tempers on this forum as i have had more than my fair share with him.

To comment like that is bang out of order and to a degree, off topic.

Dont leave - he should go!
Community Veteran

martinfamily

Could someone fill me in here, who are the "chesterfield 4"? I have heard them mentioned many times recently but have no idea who people are reffering to.
N/A

martinfamily

have opened a new topic for you so not OT
N/A

martinfamily

liam, please don't let them push you out, you are as honest and as helpfull as any mod, if anything, more so than most the others. acarr warned me of leagal action earlier, simply for making a comment!
Saturn
Grafter

martinfamily

Well I don't think anyone should go. I think the comment might have merely been misunderstood...... What legal action?
N/A

martinfamily

"Since Liam was taken on, the ammount of moderation has gone downhill somewhat. "

there is no other possible way you can interpret that comment
simonh
Grafter

martinfamily

Just out of curiosity, in which thread were the original comments made?
Saturn
Grafter

martinfamily

I beg to differ.

As I said in the other thread (tut tut for diverting a thread), acarr could have meant that the amount of moderation went downhill at the same time Liam joined, thereby not meaning to criticise Liam but just identify a time, or he could have meant it was because of Liam as you have interpreted it.

So, not wanting to take sides, I think it is possible to interpret the comment more than one way. The only way for it to be cleared up is for acarr to clarify his intent. Regardless, I don't think anyone should be going anywhere.

I am, however, curious about the legal action comment.
N/A

martinfamily

Community Veteran

martinfamily

Just out of curiosity, in which thread were the original comments made?

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31770 ;-)
N/A

martinfamily

I've always believed that Plusnet should moderate their own forums, not customers. I don't buy it as an excuse that they are too busy doing other things...after all, they always used to.

None of the above is intended to detract from Liam's moderation, which is refreshingly balanced, not blindingly defensive of Plusnet, no matter what.
Saturn
Grafter

martinfamily

Agreed