cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

many thanks to the guys at CSC

kwhawell
Grafter

Hi all I want to extend my thanks to the agent who dealt with question 20728910 for getting me on the road to maxDSL, the operation was smooth and the guy involved was helpful, thanks guys!
8 REPLIES
bobbygeorge
Grafter

don't make me laugh,

you may have had a smooth ride to get to MAX DSL, but omg,

you just wait till the connection/e-mail & SLOW speed problems hit you, one after the other

they just keep on coming.

I suggest you request your MAC code now & leave.

:roll:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

don't make me laugh,

you may have had a smooth ride to get to MAX DSL, but omg,

you just wait till the connection/e-mail & SLOW speed problems hit you, one after the other

they just keep on coming.

I suggest you request your MAC code now & leave.

:roll:

I'll second that.

Escape from the sinking ship while you still can. It's heading deep into the ocean of bankruptcy at this rate because all the customers are fleeing for the same reason: Disgusting service.

Speeds have become appalling lately - You wait - They'll hit you too.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
kwhawell
Grafter

so where are we going then guys provider wise? any good ones, I'm gonna hold on, see if the speed thing really does hit me, so far on 2 meg I've been getting decent dl speeds, FTP and P2P are crap, but I just simply don't bother with those much and if I do, I just borrow my friends connection when I visit her for that hee hee. or I just prepair myself for a long wait.
joncooper
Grafter

while I'm fed up with all the mucking about and the constant moving the goal-posts that +net get up to I have to say I'm not moving just yet.

I have previously been with BT, Freeserve, OneTel, Screaming.net, WorldOnline & Tiscali and Iwould say without hesitation the even now +net is by far the best ISP I've ever been with.

Ticket responses are slow and the phone system is a nightmare but I rarly have any problems (I opted out of LLU within 2 mins of the option becoming available, knew Tiscali of old), and the one issue I've had recently was caused by me and resolved by a CS calling me after reading a post on this forum.

I am very concerned about the BT takeover, not one of us would be here if BT was any good, but I do feel things are starting to improve, I'm liking the increased staff prescence here at the moment.

Basically I'm saying +net isn't as bad as it's often made out to be on this forum and I think the negative replies to a positive thread are a bit unnecessary.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

To the poster above (Soz, didn't hit quote button) have you yet tried using FTP, p2p, or msn file transfers?

When you try those you'll be very disappointed.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
joncooper
Grafter

me? yup, use them all regularly, last torrent I grabbed averaged about 250Kb/s

I use my +net webspace for image hosting (eBay and other forums) and never have problems FTPing in, only issue I've had there was having to TELNET in to my CCGI space to delete a bunch of .htaccess files that I couldn't see in windows based software.
Community Veteran

@ kwhawell
Good to hear your upgrade went ok.

If you do run into any probs along the way, don't hesitate to jump on the boards here and hopefully some of us here will be able to help out. Wink
kwhawell
Grafter

Hi seventhstar and others, thanks for that, I'm gonna hang out here too most of the problems people have suffered I don't often seem to get, I know people are saying their speeds are all over the place on maxdsl, but I've come to understand that it's the norm, as a blind user of the internet, I don't worry about gaming, I do use skype a lot, but that works fine, occasionally the audio on that goes blah, and people say I sound like I'm drunk, but that's just skype I think. p2p isn't fast, but I don't often use it, if I want to get hold of something urgently, and I know I'm going to be at my mates, I'll use her A O Hell connection, which don't seem too bad for the limited stuff I use it for. the thing I hate about A O Hell, personally is their user front end, my screen reader didn't like it much, any other JAWS 7 users care to comment on that one, that is assuming there are some, or am I the only one here? I have to say, that I hate the amount of spam I'm currently getting, but I guess that's just what's going on everywhere, a friend of mine on orange/wanadoo/freeserve gets it too, so I'm guessing eventually it'll go away, perhaps not but I just cyphen through it, picking out any that are not spam, then trash the rest of the silly stuff, I could use a spam filter, if I can find an accessible one, and sort it out that way, but I'm always worried that I will lose emails I don't want ot lose, I had the same spam problems on NTL, so am used to it, on plusnet the problem for me is no where near as bad! I look at the slow speed problem this way, if my pc starts making modem noisses on a DSL connection then it's time to worry, in other words, if web pages only load at less than 5KBPS like my old trusted 56k modem did then it's time to act on it,
thanks
Brian