cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'management' is a flattering word for this fiasco

Marco
Grafter

1. - As far as PN are concerned I downloaded too much, though it was primarily overnight. There were no published guidelines back then and anyway my P2P was throttled to 12 kb/s between 8am and midnight so i thought it was managed

2 - Out of the blue in one week I got Level 1 email the 2x level 2 emails then a Level 3. This was despite stopping all downloading after the level 1 email

3. Then Plusnet made the 5gb/50gb anouncement. As part of this they anounce an Opt-out for those being managed. After waiting 2 1/2 weeks and the opt-out still not appearing my billing date has come round today (30th)

4. Do I get an email saying the management has been lifted? NO, I get another email saying "you're on Level 3 management"

Is this a joke? Was the level 3 of 3 weeks ago an accident? Or does no-one at PN know what the heck they're doing? Where's the Opt-out? Why haven't I been sent a reset email?

Why are restrictions instant and automatic, but stuff in the customers favour always 'in development'?

I've been patient, but enough of this already :x
2 REPLIES
Marco
Grafter

Now my connection has started being cut overnight

Do Plusnet want me to have a broadband connection at all? :?
Neil_A
Grafter

Hi there,

There definitely isn't any management in place that would cut any customers connection overnight. All the management profiles are designed to reduce peak timne (currently 8am to midnight) usage. There's nothing in place that would restrict you or any other customer overnight.

I'll ask our team to look into your circumstances to see if anything is wrong. Thanks