cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

major connection problems

N/A

My voyager 105 modem gave major connection problems, session showed connection. After log on to business website, the connection crashed, modem reverted to 'training mode'or 'dsl no signal', this was evident on 25 and 26 october in the evening for a combined 9 hours or therabouts. Are plus net having server or demand /capacity problems? Regret if this continues, I will need to close my account. System reinstalled and it is working perfectly now, I note plusnet copper line test proved satisfactory.

grateful for a response
rgds grant mcleod
6 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

The training or synch portion of the connection is just between you and your local exchange, before anything touches the PlusNet network. As such, if there's a problem there changing providers is unlikely to make any difference. If you have any problems again, I'd suggest raising a fault in the usual fashion, so that our engineers can investigate for you.
N/A

Connection Problems

Tuvm for your reply, I did of course raise this fault with your helpline on the phone, also been in touch with BT to confirm no line fault twixt exchange and home. So far not impressed with plus net connection reliability but happy to continue for the present. in the hope this is a short term problem/

Rgards Grant Mcleod
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The fault guys have your ticket and will run some remote testing to try and establish the cause of the problem, I assume this was asked when you raised the fault, but can you ensure the modem is powered up and connected to the line so we can run the tests.
N/A

Connection Problems

My computer working perfectly and no connection problems today/ yesterday whatsover, The 9 hour failure were over the evenings of 25/26 october,. We are all powered up and the Voyager 105 modem is powered and modem active. I have disconnected all phones and filters- works well. All phones and filters were reconnected and no connection problems with plus net. Got your phone message will call back tommorrow. BT wholesale did state a fault on my DSl link,on 26 october, subsequent copper line test satis.

Over to you for further tests as you wish.

Rgards Grant Mcleod
N/A

gmcleod more connect problems

Last two evening 29 October between 6 and 8'ish pm, random disconnects again with modem dropping out to training mode or dsl no signal, with subsequent failure to reconnect. Suggest we close this ticket, suspect the problem is plusnet server /demand problems, my system near perfect outside peak evening hours. Returned your call twice to Nick and Jonathan but could not get through the musak to tech support. Let us close this ticket, if this a continuing problem ,I will switch Broadband providers. Thanks for your help anyway.

Regards Grant Mcleod
Community Veteran

:roll:
Hi,

The training or synch portion of the connection is just between you and your local exchange, before anything touches the PlusNet network. As such, if there's a problem there changing providers is unlikely to make any difference.

:!: :!: :idea: What part of this don't you understand Grant?
Hope you get sorted soon!