cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailboxes on for additional domains?

Adam1V
Grafter

i now have 3 domains hosted with Force9 which im happy with, but is there any way i can diffrenciate which mailbox is setup for which domain?

At the moment, i only use exchange to collect mail from the single mailbox which has always been on the one domain (since ive only just added the other domains).

Adam
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

At the moment you can't unfortunately, a mailbox called "mail" for example would collect email sent to mail@... for each domain and your F9 address. We are looking into whether this can be changed, so I'd say to keep a look out for an announcement.
Adam1V
Grafter

this is very poor.

Im now stuck with a few domains and unable to send emails from the other domains. i may as well give someone else my money to host.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

I know this isn't an ideal solution but you can change the 'from' field when sending emails to any of your domains, when the email is replied to this will be collected as normal.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Adam1V
Grafter

Where abouts can this from field be found?

Im currently using exchange 2003 to download emails and distribute to the outlook clients.
Adam1V
Grafter

Ive found a way around this, since exchange wont allow two domains either.

The current setup is, i have 4/5 domains hosted with force9, and only 1 catchall mailbox. Exchange is setup for just the original domain (domain 1). Now we need to be able to send from domain2.
So ive setup another mailbox called "Adam".

My main email address for domain1 is "adam.venn".
So any emails set to adam.venn gets put into the catch all and sent to exchange, and now any emails sent to adam@either-domains is caught in the mailbox "Adam".

Ive then setup an additional pop3 account in outlook (can only have one exchange account in outlook too).
When i want to send an email from domain2 within outlook i use the drop down arrow under accounts and select domain2.

Its not ideal, but works really well. Wink

^^ Boy genius