cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail

N/A

mail

why does it take ten minutes to delete my mail. Evil Evil

[Moderators ntoe (by Thomas): As I assume you wanted them, smilies have been enabled in your post. It may be worth checking your profile, to make sure you haven't got smilies permenantly disabled.]
5 REPLIES
N/A

mail

Can I ask where you are trying to delete it?

It is done instantly via POP3 here, or ~5 seconds via webmail.
N/A

mail

It takes me an age to delete them using web mail. Sad
N/A

mail

it takes a sec. to open members centre 20 or 30 to open mailbox and forever to delete mail. Sad
N/A

mail

I opened a ticket about this.

Me:
Hi, i am having a problem using Web mail, when i try to delete e-mails it takes upwards of 30 seconds to load the next page. Is this normal?

Thanks for your time.

Regards.

Dear Customer,
This is dependent on the size of the email you are trying to delete. If it is a large email, it will take some time to delete from the server.
Please try deleting the cache and cookies from your web browser to see if this makes a difference.
Regards,

Me:
I deleted my cache, my history, and my cookies. When i logged back in to my portal, i clicked on WEB MAIL, and it took around 15 seconds to load. Then i tried to read an e-mail, and it came up within a second, then i tried to delete a 1kb e-mail, and it took around 25 to 30 seconds.

Dear Customer,
Once the email has been deleted the webmail must load the mail from the webserver. If there are large emails or simply a large number of emails it will take a while for webmail to download the mail from the servers again.
Regards,

Moderators note (John) Staff names removed Please do not post personal details on the forums
jberry
Grafter

mail

Hi there,

There are two main reasons for delays with the webmail service.

• The first is if you are collecting e-mail from a non-plusnet mail server. In this case there is sometimes a delay when the the server does not close the connection (and therefore has to wait until it times out - normally 300 seconds).
  • The second is that if the webmail system has to read either a large number of e-mails or large e-mails.

That said, we are looking to completely re-design the webmail system which will improve the issue a lot but as a suggestion in the meantime I would recomend a program called Magic Mail Monitor which allows you to download just the headers of your e-mail and delete them directly off the server very quickly (good for filtering out SPAM).

Regards,